Sign in to follow this  
flightwatch

FSX: SE woes

Hi all.  I purchased the steam edition around a month ago.  When i bought it, I did a complete Windows/FSX:SE reinstall as to get a completely virgin system.  Everything seems to be ok except for 2 very annoying issues.

1: Once I press "Fly Now," it gets stuck loading at 6% for 2-3 minutes before continuing on and completely loading

2: I am getting very heavy lag when panning about the vc or in spot.  When flying, it will pause to load new scenery.  The lag will last for about 5 seconds, and then everything is smooth.

Obviously, this is a scenery glitch somewhere.  I have deactivated all addon scenery with no change.  I have tried different bufferpools settings as well as leaving it out of the .cfg with little changes, but no difinite change to scenery loading time.

Any other suggestions before I start pulling out the rest of what little bit of hair I have left?

For the first thing, probably you are using a mesh like FS Global Ultimate, if you are using it, that's normal

Walter Almaraz

4.jpg

Your not loading into an ORBX area by any chance? My default flight is one of the Fiji islands as there is nothing there and it loads quickly.

Dont forget to defrag if its not SSD

I would disable fsx.cfg and start with a new one and no tweaking and see how that goes

ZORAN

This is just my recommendation. I think you should try deleting your fsx.cfg file, so that FSX SE generates a new one.

Try without adding any tweaks. FSX-SE and FSX are not the same products. A lot of the old tweaks used in classic FSX can actually override some of the new changes that DTG has added to FSX-SE. For example, AFFINITY MASK. While you can set this in your config file in FSX-SE, it's no longer needed with the latest build because FSX-SE sets this internally now based on the type of CPU you have. Setting it in the config will override the defaulted setting. That's just one example of reasons why you do not need to tweak your config file in FSX-SE.

This is just my recommendation. I think you should try deleting your fsx.cfg file, so that FSX SE generates a new one.

Try without adding any tweaks. FSX-SE and FSX are not the same products. A lot of the old tweaks used in classic FSX can actually override some of the new changes that DTG has added to FSX-SE. For example, AFFINITY MASK. While you can set this in your config file in FSX-SE, it's no longer needed with the latest build because FSX-SE sets this internally now based on the type of CPU you have. Setting it in the config will override the defaulted setting. That's just one example of reasons why you do not need to tweak your config file in FSX-SE.

I will certainly do that.  So even mandatory tweaks...i.e: highmemfix...are no longer needed?

For the first thing, probably you are using a mesh like FS Global Ultimate, if you are using it, that's normal

Strange. Why would it do that?

no tweaks are needed at all now accept changing to widescreen in the fsx.cfg and of course changes will be made if you use the dx10 scenery fixer, i just did a test with the pmdg 777 for my va.i was able to complete a 12.5 hour flight, which i couldn't do in the old fsx or even p3d 2.5.

Strange. Why would it do that?

I never had FSGX do it to me before, and deselecting it from the scenery.cfg made no difference.  No, it's something else.  A fsx.cfg issue or something else.

no tweaks are needed at all now accept changing to widescreen in the fsx.cfg and of course changes will be made if you use the dx10 scenery fixer, i just did a test with the pmdg 777 for my va.i was able to complete a 12.5 hour flight, which i couldn't do in the old fsx or even p3d 2.5.

Yeah it looks like vas is significantly lower with se.  Unfortunately, it is not very playable at the moment...at least until I get this issue figured out.

I had a similar issue when I first installed FSX:SE, where loading times were slow and I had stutters everywhere. Turns out after a thorough defrag did my issues disappear completely. I don't know if that's anyway related to your issue.

I did a complete/name defrag a few days ago.  It did help.  I might do another one to see if it will help further.

I wonder if your hard drive is starting to fail. Are there other I/O intensive programs or games you can test?

I will certainly do that.  So even mandatory tweaks...i.e: highmemfix...are no longer needed?

HIGHMEMFIX is no longer needed. This is defaulted internally by FSX-SE. This change was made in the previous release build.

HIGHMEMFIX is no longer needed. This is defaulted internally by FSX-SE. This change was made in the previous release build.

Thank you.