Sign in to follow this  
QF93

Around the World in a S550 Citation

Hello!  (Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I'm new to the AVSIM Forums!  :lol: )

This thread is home to my Round the World Citation Jet "Blog" sort of thing. I will be using Carenado's Cessna S550 Citation to fly around the globe for my first time in FSX since buying in 2010.  It will be updated with screenshots and a trip report like etiquette throughout the coming weeks/months!

The route is below:

map%202_zps4cvtkzdy.gif

The journey will begin on the 2nd of May and will go ahead until the S550 is back at Bankstown in Sydney.

The Aircraft is Australian Registered VH-MRG (Mike, Romeo, Gulf)

car_citation_vh-mrg-1_zps8zcd7sbb.jpg

Aircraft Statistics:

Current Location: Bankstown (Sydney)

So here is the blog below:

Pre Journey

Finished a few test flights prior to the flight next weekend, the aircraft is sitting at the same stand it will leave to Norfolk on next Saturday. Really excited

to finally set a challenge in FSX and share it with other people. The leg I am quite anxious about is the PHLI-PADU in which the Citation will only have

50nm left of fuel on arrival allowing at most 2 or 3 Go-Arounds but no diversion. If the weather is bad we will turn around before we get close to the airfield. Since this is virtual world ETOPS does not apply so I am looking forward to stare at nothing for a few hours and then suddenly peaking thousand feet high mountains.

All is set for Saturdays departure!

Leg 1 | YSBK-YSNF (Bankstown to Norfolk Island)

(Not Departed)

Sounds like a great plan.

If I may make a minor suggestion, can you increase your font size a notch or two? It will make your trip report much easier to read for the "old eyes" among us.

Looking forward to it. You may also want to post your name - makes it a lot easier to communicate with you!

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Howellerman,

Thanks for the positive feedback!

I am unsure though how to edit the post, I don't see an edit button anywhere on this page! 

Other than that, thanks for showing interest in my virtual journey!

My name is Luke for those who want to address me.

Cheers,

Luke

Luke:

i'll be following along. Sounds like a neat idea.

I will have two USCG  C-130s in the air from both ends of the Hawaii - Dutch Harbor leg of your flight.  One from Barbers Point headed north along your route, and one from Kodiak headed south. If you run into difficulties just give a call on Guard 121.5. :help:   We are 'Semper Paratus'. :search:

jmbiii  (USCG Ret.)

Schnelle Autos, schöne Frauen und deutsches Bier !

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Looks like a cool trip! Are you planning on flying on Vatsim or IVAO?

@ CVA1077

Planning VATSIM for most of the legs, maybe not for the transpacific ones unless Honolulu has ATC Online! 

@JmBii

Cheers for the Virtual Coast Guard assistance!  ^_^

Thanks,

Luke

Quick Update!

Mike, Romeo, Golf was inspected for the last time today before the flight. All is looking good and she is expected to leave the maintenance hanger at Bankstown on Friday Night. The mechanics took these shots of her:

Hanger Time!

216f01eb-7f47-4737-9528-91c023a05cf2_zps

The Flight Deck!

19b0914a-fefe-49bf-8d98-38a512191030_zps

-Luke

If I may make a minor suggestion, can you increase your font size a notch or two? It will make your trip report much easier to read for the "old eyes" among us.

CTRL + =

Mike, Romeo, Gulf left the maintenance hanger and was handed over to me last night, I will be flying a total of 5 PAX around the world and the journey begins tomorrow.

2c33e107-ced1-4322-a6df-1df5ac07bac5_zps

Luke

Good luck Luke...

Will follow with interest.

Dave

Cheers Dave!

I am surprised by the amount of interest in this thread! Thank's to everyone supported me. Definitely a ego-boost!  :lol:

Luke

Great plan and routing, Luke!

Should be some nice flights ahead for you.  Will you make it from the Greenland to Southampton in one leg in the gas-guzzling S550 though?  :lol:   There's only one way to find out ha ha!

Good luck and blue skies!

Hi All!

Was going to do the first leg today, but I have been pushed back with family events. Mike, Romeo, Gulf is expected to depart at around 1pm AEST tomorrow afternoon. (3/5/15)

Luke

Mike, Romeo, Gulf left Bankstown at around 1:10pm today.

The passengers have boarded, it was time to begin our journey.

2015-5-3_12-57-10-625_zpss81bgtvl.png

Taxiing to Runway 29C

2015-5-3_13-18-50-512_zps1j6ws6sa.png

Departed, See you soon Bankstown!

2015-5-3_13-26-19-910_zpssuuphlf2.png

View of the City, last set of skyscrapers for thousands of miles...

2015-5-3_13-29-38-647_zpshpxrc13c.png

Cruising over the Tasman Sea, DTO Norfolk Island!

2015-5-3_13-47-45-972_zpsjagyhylr.png

Beautiful Scenery

2015-5-3_14-57-19-687_zps0owcv1mg.png

Approaching the Blurry Runway

2015-5-3_14-59-42-100_zpswzwukhtf.png

The Airports scenery glitched and there was no airfield after I landed, Hence no arrival shots :(

Going to use the default scenery next time but other than that the journey was good! Next stop is Fiji! 

Did you have problems on the ground on Norfolk ?  Haven't heard about any continuing flights.

Prepositioning 1604 to Adak.

screenshot934_zpsahzzuuzh.jpg

Schnelle Autos, schöne Frauen und deutsches Bier !

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."