Sign in to follow this  
planenut

Can't Fly Flight Plan

I can enter a flight plan into the FMS ok but I'm a little confused on how to set up the PFD.  I have it using the FMC as the nav source but do I have to  set the bearing source to the FMS also.  Not really sure what the bearing source setting does anyhow.  Haven't had problems with other acft but this one has me somewhat confused.

Can someone give me a quick and dirty on how to successfully fly a flight plan?  I feel like the village idiot here even though I have been simming for many years.  There is just something I am not doing or doing incorrectly.

Thanks for any guidance.

Jim

Hey Jim

You don't have to be ashamed. Carenado should. At the time being the Avionics and the Autopilot are complete crap.

Carenado is preparing a service pack. So wait for this lke everybody has to actually.

My 2 cents

Sterny

I can't get this thing to navigate either.  It always turns left about 90 degrees to the FMS course line that's on the nav display.  And I can not get it to couple to either an RNAV or an ILS approach.  This is a model of a VFR only hand flown two engine jet.  Hope they fix it....soon.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Did you guys check out the (user made) YouTube videos already? I'd assume that at least some are showing how to set up the instruments.

Links are in this forum section (me is on mobile).

Still, you surely have a point regarding the lack of documents from the dev.