Sign in to follow this  
HighFlyerPL185

Scenery Issue GCFV SimGiants Mesh

Hi guys,

I am having issues with certain sceneries from FSX. For example, SimGiants GCFV scenery has a mesh of the island, but it isn't getting loaded. I am just getting the default P3D mesh (too much grass on a volcanic island doesn't look that great to be honest), and black taxiways in certain places. Any known fix for this?

Mesh does not control whether grass shows on a volcanic island, land classification does. Mesh only does the pointy stuff.

Is there any way to solve this then? I'd much prefer to see custom scenery than default ground textures.

You could make your own land class file to override what might be there. That would require having the SDKs installed before starting anything.