Sign in to follow this  
LH629

Problem with RC in EHAM (aerosoft) -Aircraft in the air after connect RC with FS 9

Hello,

I use RC very often. Today i wanted to Start from amsterdam. I did Not use RC before in Amsterdam. I have The add ON of aerosoft. The installation is One Year Old. If i Start RC like always and want to connect with The flightsimulator 9 and i go back to The FS, the Aircraft is up up and away anywhere in the air (Not over amsterdam, Anywhere about the sea). The Problem does not exist at other Airports. I Use fsuipc 3.99? and did a update of the sceneryfiles in RC. Whats wrong here ?

Thank you for your Held

Sven

Let's start with your airport elevation:

Open in rcv4/data using word or notepad only a4.csv. Search for eham. Copy and paste that line into a reply here.

Open in word or notepad only copying the first few eham departure lines of your fs9 flightplan through the waypoint coordinates and other information about eham.

Finally, is this occurring with a default aircraft? Are you telling FS not to move your aircraft?

Hello,

what a suprise: EHAM is missing in the file a4.csv.  I don't know why , my filedate is from 24/4/2015.   Coud you send me the correct coordinates for EHAM and I paste in the file ?

Here are some lines of the file, where EHAM must be. 

EGYM, , 52.64765 , 0.5540488 , 3 , 75 , 9115 
EGYP, ,-51.82638 ,-58.44722 ,-7 , 244 , 8497 
EHAL, , 53.45311 , 5.678976 , 2 , 11 , 2618 
EHBD, , 51.25616 , 5.601953 , 1 , 114 , 3909 
EHBK, , 50.91259 , 5.772733 , 1.5 , 375 , 8196 
EHDL, , 52.05967 , 5.87192 , 1.6 , 158 , 9667 
EHDR, , 53.1192 , 6.130775 , 1 , 14 , 3110 
EHEH, , 51.45013 , 5.374511 , 1.2 , 74 , 9834 

I dont know why this happens. Any idea. With other programs there are no problems with the EHAM airports.

Thanks 
Sven

Here you are Sven. Please use Notepad to edit the file.

EHAM, , 52.31488 , 4.758481 , 1.5 ,-11 , 12448

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray

thats fine and now the aircraft stays on the ground :-). but i have no runways, only RW 00 so I get no clearance for take off. :( I suppose it is the same mistake, the data for the runway are missing in one of the files ?

Thanks again

Sven

Sven,

You need to run MakeRunways. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray

I did it but it doesn't help. I looked also in the file r4 (under data) but EHAM is missing there. 

in the FS folder are also a file r4 and r5. there also no EHAM runways.

The installation of FS and RC are on D:  win 7 and running as admin. 

Sven

You are missing r4.csv in the data folder if r5.csv (which is renamed as rc copies it to r4.csv).

First look in your FS9 folder at r5.csv and search for EHAM there as before in notepad, etc. There should be runways in it. a4.csv is created from r4.csv.

If your fs and rc are on the same computer just use the scenery rebuild within rc and it will execute makerwys from there followed by file copying and processing. Be sure to give it the correct path to FS9 when queried. Be sure to answer OK to all of the processing step prompts.  If rc is on a different computer networked to an FS host using WideFS, then first run makrwys directly in the FS folder and then run rc to rebuils the scenery. If this is the case answer yes to the prompt asking if it is on a networked computer and then give the network path to FS.

Install makerwys.exe from here to update it:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

Next right click on r5.csv in the fs folder, right click on r4.csv in the rc/data folder, and right click on a4.csv in the rc\data folder. In each case click properties and write down the modified date-time stamp. They should be close. That is to check if the files were copied and processed OK.

If EHAM is not in the r5.csv file in your fs folder, in your fs folder resides a file called runways.txt. It is large so open it in wordpad, not notepad. This is a log from makerwys operations.

Search for "EHAM Airport". If it exists in default there should be a single section for it. Continue the search. If it finds it as an add-on there may be two sections for it. First there will be a deletion section which is the deletion of EHAM at less scenery priority then the add-on. The second section will have runway, gate, navaids, and other data. The sections may not be adjacent. Continue the search until no more are found.

The last EHAM Airport section found will have priority and should have runway data, etc., and that  data should be what gets placed in r5.csv. At the beginning of each section the path to the scenery folder is given. Be sure the path o EHAM in the last section is correct. A default airport path points to an APnnnnnn file. An add-on should point to the add-on folder or other folder where the afcad type information is placed. In most cases that will be the folder of the add-on scenery.

Makerwys searches using the FS scenery.cfg file order as processed by the FS scenery library setup. If the last runways.txt section for EHAM is not correct, check your scenery library setup.

Hi Ray,

now everything in EHAM is fine. I had an old version of makerwys.exe   (4.12   :( ). 

Thanks for the good help and greetings from Germany

Sven