Sign in to follow this  
capceo

MU-2B-60 Training Videos are LIVE

Thank you!!!! I've been lurking your FB page waiting on its release. :)

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Hey Joe. Nice Jobs on the vids. I know you said it was released in the vids, not yet I know.

It is my hope it will be tonight.......Please! :-)

Congrats on your Caravan flying job.

Best,

David

Nice videos, Joe.  Quick question:  when you advanced the power levers for takeoff there was no noticeable change in engine sound, whereas in the C441 there is a noticeable change in sound. Is that normal for the MU-2 (I assume it isn't, but have to ask)? Looking forward to flying!

Regards,

Todd

Hey Joe. Nice Jobs on the vids. I know you said it was released in the vids, not yet I know.

It is my hope it will be tonight.......Please! :-)

Congrats on your Caravan flying job.

Best,

David

Thanks for the kind words!

And I don't fly the Caravan for a living. Just a funny quote I picked up. :)

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

Ah, Ok. I new you changed jobs, thought the caravan was the new job.

Been refreshing the purchase screen for a while now, now the vids are released; hoping the plane would be too.

Especially since you mentioned that a few times in the vid.

Fingers crossed!

Best,

David

Hey Todd. Actually on the real plane, you will get a change in the sound as power is increased. Suspect, it might be a limitation they ran into, that precluded the sound change.

It's not much in the real plane, your only increasing to 100% from around 97% RPM. If you check out the mtnair youtube vid, when he does the takeoff, you see what I mean.

Quite different from a PT-6 type sound.

Ready to Fly her! :-)

Best,

David

The only thing I know about the MU2 is they are loud as heck and a royal pain to fuel. Thanks for the videos. I'll probably be picking up the 441 soon, looks very nice.

$42, seriously?

After buying your 441, I have an appreciation for what you are trying to do and I would sincerely like to support those efforts by purchasing the MU2, however I just don't personally feel your skill level (as of yet) warrants the price tag. For this, you will need to work with a professional artist and modeler. I think the $35 you ask for the 441 is at the upper scale of where you should be. I'd say more like $30 for the 441 and $35 for the MU2.

In fact...if you're really going to try and sell an extension pack for this plane in the future then perhaps $30 for the base model as it stands today, and then $12 for the expansion will get you the $42 which seems a lot more reasonable since you are selling all systems and no eye candy. Which in essence is the opposite of what Carenado does...so your idea is very good...but you need to stick with a discounted pricing structure as Carenado used to do before they increased.

Just my opinion. Thanks for the hard work just the same.

$42, seriously?

After buying your 441, I have an appreciation for what you are trying to do and I would sincerely like to support those efforts by purchasing the MU2, however I just don't personally feel your skill level (as of yet) warrants the price tag. For this, you will need to work with a professional artist and modeler. I think the $35 you ask for the 441 is at the upper scale of where you should be. I'd say more like $30 for the 441 and $35 for the MU2.

In fact...if you're really going to try and sell an extension pack for this plane in the future then perhaps $30 for the base model as it stands today, and then $12 for the expansion will get you the $42 which seems a lot more reasonable since you are selling all systems and no eye candy. Which in essence is the opposite of what Carenado does...so your idea is very good...but you need to stick with a discounted pricing structure as Carenado used to do before they increased.

Just my opinion. Thanks for the hard work just the same.

Hey Dave,

The issue we are running into is the $$$ required to hire a texture artist that can take our products to the next level. We're doing everything we can for people to see the improvements we make as we grow. We're hoping that they will continue to support us so that we can deliver the textures you have all been wanting.

Joe

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

I understand Joe...it's not an easy decision to invest in hiring someone new like that...but to be honest...I'm not sure you really even need to (if you're willing to stay in a discounted market). I think that working the opposite side of where Carenado works is a pretty nifty idea actually...and it's certainly one that I'm willing to invest in...but for now, I don't see how you can ask your customers to pay RealAir prices. You need more of a following yet, and as you indicated, much improved textures.

...but I'm with you...I really am.

Great Videos Joe....I will pick this up just as soon as it gets to a store.  Thanks for the hard work guys, looking forward to it

Hi,

Just bought the MU-2 and tested a take-off from my local airport, running in P3D. First of all in my opinion your price is exactly what I would expect. Personally I spent 3-4 years flying on MU-2 60 & solitaire for a company

I worked for as national sales mgr. A very important part I already found out you have the sound right. The

geared turboprops had a very distinctive sound...you got it! I have a flight manual to wade through & need

plenty of practice time. Thank you very much for your hard work I have waiting a long time for a realistic

MU-2. Already it is bringing many memories back. I do believe you have nailed it, thank you again....Ray Rentschler

Hi,

Just bought the MU-2 and tested a take-off from my local airport, running in P3D. First of all in my opinion your price is exactly what I would expect. Personally I spent 3-4 years flying on MU-2 60 & solitaire for a company

I worked for as national sales mgr. A very important part I already found out you have the sound right. The

geared turboprops had a very distinctive sound...you got it! I have a flight manual to wade through & need

plenty of practice time. Thank you very much for your hard work I have waiting a long time for a realistic

MU-2. Already it is bringing many memories back. I do believe you have nailed it, thank you again....Ray Rentschler

Now if that isn't support, I don't know what is . . . and from a real pilot!

I don't understand anyone questioning the asking price for such an in-depth and accurate simulation as confirmed by Ray.

JJ

but for now, I don't see how you can ask your customers to pay RealAir prices.

I would be happier if Flysimware charged Realair prices, at this moment Flysimware are charging too much when the texture quality is taken into account.

Add the fact that the Realair stuff just works without needing round after round of patching

MU-2B-60  44 euros

Realair Duke Turbine v2   39 euros

source:

http://secure.simmarket.com/flysimware-mitsubishi-mu-2b-60-fsx-p3d.phtml

http://secure.simmarket.com/realair-turbine-duke-v2-fsx.phtml