Sign in to follow this  
crosswind

F1 B200 in the Lake Tahoe area

It's been a while since I have posted a shot, dont get to play as much as I used to.  Lets see if I still remember how to.

17281944231_f704ff3e10_o.png

16662220783_86331694b0_o.png

16659992874_f4501ee31d_o.png

17281945901_d3a94edccd_o.png

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Marvelous sunset....love the sound of the big Beechcraft!

HLJAMES

Quite nice it was....This was actually a sunrise, the last shot was the first in a series of touch and goes just a the break of dawn.  I am still to see how well the KA B200 performs in P3D as this was the first test and all seemed to be fine soooooo far.

Bought this plane last night, love it already, So much to learn.

Fantastic shots, the exterior modelling of this plane is very easy in the eye.

Beautiful pics! And I really like Flight 1's B200 in FSX. Not sure though, if I am willing to spend that amount of money to get it for P3D. Although your pics make me want to jump into it and take it for a spin! ;-)

Beautiful pics! And I really like Flight 1's B200 in FSX. Not sure though, if I am willing to spend that amount of money to get it for P3D. Although your pics make me want to jump into it and take it for a spin! ;-)

Ditto here too. $60.......? Um....mm.

$10 off if you already own the FSX version. However, the coupon page wasn't working last time I checked. 

Well that's it, its certainly not cheap, in saying that though its a rock solid, tried and tested piece of kit, with Complexity and awesomeness wrapped into a tidy gorgeous little package  :rolleyes:

$10 off if you already own the FSX version. However, the coupon page wasn't working last time I checked.

Well, I've read you post too fast, I thought $10 upgrade price if you own the FSX version...

$10 off isn't the kind of deal that makes me taking out my credit card... ;-)

Well that's it, its certainly not cheap, in saying that though its a rock solid, tried and tested piece of kit, with Complexity and awesomeness wrapped into a tidy gorgeous little package  :rolleyes:

You are making my mouth water, Elaine. But before I splurge £40 at it, I need to categorically know that this will work in P3D v2.5. If not, pass.

Its like this Rick,  I'm rocking P3D V 2.5...5.0  pumped with ASN 5589  injecting REX Textures....1210  boasting a full Orbtx Suite (even freeware :o )  All topped off with strong coffee, sticky toffee tarts, oversized Ray Bans and pure poppet awesomeness.  

It loads, flies and lands with no fault,  Everything seems to be working just fine.  A little bit harder on the system then your average Ga,  obviously due to the complexity of the plane but technically i'm only running a 2 gig card,  and happy with it.  Personally speaking i think its the best exterior model of any plane ive bought.   Overall i'm delighted with my purchase  :rolleyes:

sticky toffee tarts,

I meant making mouth water. I did not mean making my tongue hang out! But I'll pass on the tarts. Too old for that(just a pun, mods, honest!)

I too am running a humble 2Gb 560Ti card(waiting for the 970 to drop sub-£250).

Virtually talked into it, Elaine.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I agree the up grade price was not really much of an upgrade, but every business has their own ways of injecting their approach to the P3D platform.  That being said, I have not had a chance to take take her on a long flight within the ORBX regions, which I am sure may prove to be taxiing on one's system.  I am only running an i7 2700k stock with a 2gig NVidia GTX 670 adn 16 gig of ram.  I tend to stand by NickN's guide for performance guidance.  I did however notice that I was running low on VAS after doing a few touch and goes at Orcas Island (my settings are set in conjunction with my systems).

Will do some more testing on my days off.

@Brendan, we need to get some flying in :D  Its been a while

Simeon

Am having great fun with your Q8-400 at the moment. Will be interested to read of your experiences with the F1 B200 specially in Orbx areas. If this beats the Q8, then I will sit up and take notice.

Rick

The Q4 handles this region for me much better and I rarely experience OOM issues, unless I am doing a photoshoot and almost everything is maxed out.  Personally I think one of the keys to enjoying the KA B200 is to ensure that textures are set to 1024 in the cfg.  I have not noticed too much of an impact with REX running, but then again I did not have any clouds in the sky with the images posted.  Personally I prefer the KA in FSX, and I not fully sold on the P3D version, but time will tell.  The ground friction issue within FSX and P3D is an annoyance as one has to apply too much break away power to get the aircraft going.

Its like this Rick, I'm rocking P3D V 2.5...5.0 pumped with ASN 5589 injecting REX Textures....1210 boasting a full Orbtx Suite (even freeware :o ) All topped off with strong coffee, sticky toffee tarts, oversized Ray Bans and pure poppet awesomeness.

I almost thought I was reading a Sesquashtoo (Mitch) response, lol.

Rick

The Q4 handles this region for me much better and I rarely experience OOM issues, unless I am doing a photoshoot and almost everything is maxed out.  Personally I think one of the keys to enjoying the KA B200 is to ensure that textures are set to 1024 in the cfg.  I have not noticed too much of an impact with REX running, but then again I did not have any clouds in the sky with the images posted.  Personally I prefer the KA in FSX, and I not fully sold on the P3D version, but time will tell.  The ground friction issue within FSX and P3D is an annoyance as one has to apply too much break away power to get the aircraft going.

Thanks, Simeon. That is the objective feedback I was looking for. Like you I have not had any OOM issues using either your company's Q8-400 or any of the P3D-rated PMDG aircraft, but I am not maxed out. I already have enough props in my hangar. Do not really need another one, not at $60, or even less. The Q8-400 was a beast to master but that has been the best part of it. Cannot seem to put it away. Once I get the total hand of the Control Panel, I'll be in Nirvana!

I almost thought I was reading a Sesquashtoo (Mitch) response, lol.

Mitch is just another one of my personalities, he is the evil one:)

It's been a while since I have posted a shot, dont get to play as much as I used to.  Lets see if I still remember how to.

Lovely shots there! I picked up the B200 myself just the other day.

By the way.....

*cough*WhenAreWeGettingTheQ400Pro?*cough*cough*

...sorry, I need to get this cough looked at, it's getting to the point where the coughing sounds start to sound like entire sentences!

*cough*WhenAreWeGettingTheQ400Pro?*cough*cough*

...sorry, I need to get this cough looked at, it's getting to the point where the coughing sounds start to sound like entire sentences!

Neil,

You need to have that cough looked before you get a bronchial infection which will render you unable to do your YouTube episode of the Q400 PRO :D.

The Q4 is coming along nicely still working on the HUD, and should be pushing a new beta hopefully in the near future.  There are a few more issues to address from that point on ....but the light at the end of the tunnel should be closer.

Great videos by the way (very informative)...keep up the good work

Simeon, will there be an Upgrade path to the PRO for current owners, vis a viz, an incentive, such as coupon off, etc?