Sign in to follow this  
RPadgham

Vor/Loc establishing problem

Hi all,

I'm being driven mad by trying to establish on a localiser using vor/loc button. the airport in question is LIEA in Sardinia-Italy, using ILS runway 20. I have set 204 for course, 110.15 Loc freq I am at the correct intercept altitude of 3000' (I'm sure that's what the chart is telling me), but the button won't light up. I can get the Glide path, {specifically) not glide slope (G/P is displayed not G/S) and I am unable to autoland. I tried flying the approach with and without VoxATC  (and with vox vectoring me and full ils approach) to no avail.

I'm using the PMDG 737 800 and have had a similar problem at Aberdeen (if I remember) but everywhere else is fine.

If anyone can throw any light on this, I'd be grateful, or if anyone is looking for a destination and fancies trying it, I'd be interested if it's the same for you!

Thanks.

Rob Padgham

Best Wishes

Rob Padgham

Are you using the FSX default airport for Alghero?  Because if so, the LOC frequency is 109.3 (go to the FSX map screen and check it out).

No matter what your FMS database says, FSX will only tune in to what it "really" has.  Solution is to get an updated afcad for the airport, in the meantime just tune it manually!

Great! It worked beautifully thanks. Something else for a newbie to learn!!

Rob

Best Wishes

Rob Padgham

btw, once upon a time you had to ident a localizer and VOR. You tune the frequency and switch your radio to the morse code the beacon sends, then compare it to the one on the chart. If you can't hear the morse code, then the beacon is not tuned. That way you avoid tuning wrong or non-existent Nav frequencies.

There is an ok LIEA/Alghero 2013 scenery available on volovirtuale. Also check out Elmas 2013 by MrJ and Aerosofts LIEO.

LORBY-SI

Thanks all. After trolling the internet for a solution to getting Airport Design Editor to work, I discovered a program called NavAid Updater, which updates any changes from the monthly Airac. It's done the job for me. Though it disables some functionality from FSX Map and Flightplanner, I only use flightplanner to load in a pre-saved plan from FSCommander for VoxATC to read.

I need to check out the library though, I haven't looked there yet.

Thanks again.

Best Wishes

Rob Padgham