Sign in to follow this  
sergantbilko

FS Global 2010

Hi there,

This is my first post so hope i have done it correctly.

I'm fairly new to simming, i have FSX and some of the FTX global products but i'm really stuggling with FS Global 2010.

Is there a step by step proceedure anywhere, this is the most difficult product i've come across so far.

Many thanks

Sergantbilko

It's not that hard. After isntallation you go to the start menu, to the map Pilot's and there you find a configurator. Open the configurator, click 'Setup for FS Global X', click 'Save Terrain Configuration' and close the configurator.

That's it.

Cheers!

Maarten

For using FS Global 2010 together with FTX Global you need to uprgade your R1 or R2 version to R3.

You need to buy:

PILOT'S - FS Global 2010 DVD Upgrade To FTX Compatible 

This will cost around 15€ or 16$

Sorry guys, your way ahead of me, i haven't got that far yet. I've downloaded files 1 to 6.

The first file is a zip file and the other 5 are not but there are no clear steps as to what to do next.

I have copied all the files to a folder on the C drive and tried extracting the files within the zip folder but they won't unzip, i keep getting errors about unable to find part one of a multipart folder??

Ah ok. Just make sure all files are in the same folder and unzip the zip-file. It will unzip the whole package in one go. If you get an error on one of the files, that file might have gotten bugged during download. Just download that part file again and give it another try.

Cheers!

Maarten

Many thanks, i will try this

Once again, please excuse my ignorence, what is meant by uprgade your R1 or R2 version to R3? what is R1, R2,R3?

I think Daniel is talking about the DVD version that needs an update, or a download that not FTX compatible.

Do you have FS Global 2010 for FTX?

Cheers!

Maarten

The version i downloaded from the FlightSim Store says it is fully compatible with FTX

That's perfect. The old DVD files are R1 or R2.

What you've buyed is R3 and fully FTX Global compatible. Ne need to buy the upgrade.

Plug&Play ;)