Sign in to follow this  
ramprat

Flysimware MU-2 Released.

Go get it:  http://flysimware.com/website/MU_2B_60.html

Joe also did a series of excellent instructional videos.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

What Carenado lacks this has, and vice versa - I can't part with 42 usd for those looks.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

What Carenado lacks this has, and vice versa - I can't part with 42 usd for those looks. 

HI Ryan,

The panel looks better in FSX than I thought it would.  IMO the panel is at least on par with the Carenado Hawker panel.  Where this product really shines is in the complete and accurate simulation of the systems and flight model.  The flight model and sounds are very very well done.  I haven't flown anything in FSX that is this good in terms of the flight model.  I admit the cabin could use a little work, especially the wood textures.  But I never flew anything from the passenger cabin.

If your goal in this hobby is accurate representation of a real world aircraft, you will not be dissappointed. 

Take care,

Bill

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Same with the 441, it looked loads better in Sim compared to the promo stuff

ZORAN

It's too bad that the textures are not eye candy. If they were I would buy this right now!

I bought a beta version of the Carenado Hawker for $50 and the good trumps the bad. I'm looking forward to the SPs and hope that Carenado does not abandon the Hawker.

There are three things I "look" for when I want to purchase an airplane. The looks are first, the feel of flight is second, and system modeling is last. When they all come together as they do in the PMDG 737, Majestic Q400, or the Realair Turbine Duke V2, etc it is what I call value for my money.

I don't care about price as much as I care about the value of my purchase.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

There are three things I "look" for when I want to purchase an airplane. The looks are first, the feel of flight is second, and system modeling is last.

Not to be rude to you or Carenado, but this seems to be how they design their aircraft, which makes customers like you their prime target!

I think a few of us have our wants the opposite of yours:

1. System Modeling
  2. FDE
  3. Looks

I think it depends on where you spend the majority of your time, in the cockpit or ogling at the plane in spot view... :)

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Not to be rude to you or Carenado, but this seems to be how they design their aircraft, which makes customers like you their prime target!

I think a few of us have our wants the opposite of yours:

1. System Modeling
  2. FDE
  3. Looks

I think it depends on where you spend the majority of your time, in the cockpit or ogling at the plane in spot view... :)

+1

Nice aircraft!

Mauricio Brentano

For me, all 3 aspects are equally important... as well as the sounds. But, I am willing to give one or more of these things up if the pricing makes sense in the market and I feel I am getting a good comparative value.

I own their C441 and I'm aware of what their work is like and what they offer in  terms of value. it is a good product for me as long as it comes at a discounted competitive price point. Yes, the FDE is nice, and yes the systems are nice...but you are giving a lot up in the looks both externally AND internally on the panel itself...so for me, $35 seemed fair.

I think at $42 for the base pack (and then having to spend more later on for the expansion pack mentioned by the author in his videos) that the product isn't as attractively priced as I'd like it to be. It's the opposite of what a Carenado offers (but no more or less value) and should be priced as such IMO...competitively discounted (before Carenado went price bonkers I mean).

I want all points to be nice - the look of an aircraft is very important to simulate the feel of being in s cockpit.

As is the feel of hand flying - which Ive no doubt this MU has!

I spend my budget this month - maybe I'll watch some more videos

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I've had countless hours of fun in the 441, and I can say at least for me that the shortcomings in the textures became unnoticeable when you are flying and hearing those noisy Garretts. Just flies so nice.

I bought a beta version of the Carenado Hawker for $50 and the good trumps the bad. I'm looking forward to the SPs and hope that Carenado does not abandon the Hawker.

ha ha ha and I am looking forward to my date with Bar Rafaeli

For me, all 3 aspects are equally important... as well as the sounds. But, I am willing to give one or more of these things up if the pricing makes sense in the market and I feel I am getting a good comparative value.

I own their C441 and I'm aware of what their work is like and what they offer in  terms of value. it is a good product for me as long as it comes at a discounted competitive price point. Yes, the FDE is nice, and yes the systems are nice...but you are giving a lot up in the looks both externally AND internally on the panel itself...so for me, $35 seemed fair.

I think at $42 for the base pack (and then having to spend more later on for the expansion pack mentioned by the author in his videos) that the product isn't as attractively priced as I'd like it to be. It's the opposite of what a Carenado offers (but no more or less value) and should be priced as such IMO...competitively discounted (before Carenado went price bonkers I mean).

I feel the opposite.Eye candy gets boring, you need good sounds and system modeling to keep people coming back.

Go get it:  http://flysimware.com/website/MU_2B_60.html

Joe also did a series of excellent instructional videos.

What is next for this company? A C208 and Super Cargomaster would be nice. an EMB-120, Beech 1900C, C99. All on my shortlist of requests.