Sign in to follow this  
ramprat

Flysimware MU-2 Released.

Can anyone explain why the MU-2 is priced so high.

SimMarket has it at £33 which is £5 more than the Realair Turbine Duke 2, is this addon really better than the Duke turbine V2, looking at the screen shots I am having a hard time convincing myself to drop £33 on it.

Just Flight has it at £27.99

Flight Sim Store at £26.88

Sim Shack at £25.96

That better?

products need to be priced according to a specific business model. For example, if the plane alone were the only means of income, the pricing would have to be in the hundreds of dollars, given the small market. The same applies to distributors.  So to ask a question about "priced so high", begs the question.  Sometimes, it's easier to charge a very large amount( for fewer sales but higher profit--  take a look at the $400 Aerowinx  747 ) and better customer selection than low price, and customers who complain about prices and constantly ask for technical assistance. Please do not assume that this is directed at you in particular. It's a general statement with which most businessmen would agree.

tony

OK, now the mu-2 is at version 1.5, the Davtron and windmeter are working, along with a fight model and balance improvement I'll just stay on the bright side and say that I'm having a blast with this plane. Its the only MU2 we have, and its definitely not lacking. After checking the Flysimware site today, I'm also reporting that the their 441 is patched to 1.6 as of 5/11/2015, after the "final" update 1.5! Woo-hoo!

Hey all - just got the MU2 (version 1.7) and yeah, the textures aren't Duke V2 standard but once you start flying the Moo, its pretty great -- I really like it and as one poster said, interior textures soon fade into the less than important category.  This is a nice airplane, and having flown a real one a few times, the sounds and the views put a smile on my face.

I do have issues though that I'm not really seeing others have, namely with nav - autopilot works just fine (heading, VS, IAS, etc - no issues there) and the 750 GPS is awesome.  But the autopilot is simply not following the flightplan in NAV (GPS is selected on the 750, this is backed up by the dash GPS nav button/indicator) but the moment I go off HDG the plane turns off into never-never land, every time.  It simply will not track although the HSI indicates the proper course.  ILS signals are also not received at all, I get no glideslope or course guidance from the HSI (checked freq's, all tunes correctly, VLOC selected on the 750)  

I'm running FSX, ORBX Global, Base and several upgrade airports - other planes work fine.  MU2 and GNS 750 installed just fine, no issues there. 

Anyone have any ideas?

autopilot is simply not following the flightplan in NAV (GPS is selected on the 750, this is backed up by the dash GPS nav button/indicator) but the moment I go off HDG the plane turns off into never-never land, every time.

Not sure how/when you're invoking the nav mode but...it will not capture until you're within about 2 miles from the radial.

What you need to do is to use HDG mode to fly an intercept heading toward your flightplan's radial that you see on the gps...once you are headed toward that radial you can click on the nav mode button and it should turn orange colored until you get close enough to capture it, at which point it will turn green, and shortly after the plane will turn in to join up onto it.

Not sure about your ILS issues as I have only tested LPV approaches using the 750gns and that is working well for me (g/s shows up and f/d follows it, although it captures just a tad low and is not always 100% reliable).

Hi hangar, thanks for the reply.

I should be more specific as I think this is likely a coding issue - should also mention that I'm a corporate pilot in real life, I fly a G200 ... also have Sperry autopilot experience (I used to fly Piaggio's, I believe the 1's had Sperry units in them while 2's came with PL21)  -  anyway, I am within 2 NM in the MU2, actually I'm on the course line - doesn't matter, the instant I hit NAV the turn begins.  I tried a practice flight from Bangkok to Phuket (I'm an expat based in BKK so figured why not) and heading roughly south I went DIRECT to HOTEL (roughly 190 degree heading, put myself on the course and then hit NAV .... the turn began and didnt stop until i was heading due north, 360 on the HSI. No waypoint or nav point in sight.  NAV button went green when selected, and stayed green until the turn north was completed, then it went amber.  Used HDG mode to turn the plane again and went DIRECT Phuket (VTSP), which was roughly 210 degrees from present position.  Hit NAV again and right on cue the plane turned, again rolling out due north, 360 degrees.

Something is clearly wrongt.  Tried turning AP off and then on again, deselect HDG before selecting NAV ....nothing matters.  Why on earth does it always turn due north with nav selected????? 

HSI needle reads correctly, GPS page shows proper course, 750 is in GPS mode ...and yet it does this.  Also, tried tuning in a VOR and see what the DME/MIN gauge reads.  BKK was VOR selected (117.7) and GPS showed 10.4 NM.

DME gauge read 1184 .... 8 min to arrive.  Odd number read, no decimal point on that number. 

ILS is another problem, HSI shows no signal, DME shows nothing either. 

I think I lead the sim world in quirky issues lol

I agree something is clearly wrong there...sounds like the same sort of trouble some users were having before they patched it up...but I haven't noticed anymore complaints about it since 1.7. Almost sounds as if you're not running 1.7 but an earlier version, hmm did you buy it at the flysimware store or elsewhere? I heard not all the 3rd party stores have updated their files...what's the date stamp on your exe inside the zip?

if that's not it then try an experiment flying a route in northern hemi...such as somewhere in the U.S. States and see if if that solves it...because it sounds like it's getting confused and heading out the opposite side of the radial on a FROM instead of a TO.

if you're certain there's no conflict on your end such as some sort of installed add-on then you should post your findings on their official support forum here at Avsim:

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/728-the-flysimware-official-support-forum/

Hi hangar

Follow-up ... pretty sure its the Flight1 GTN 750.  Just for giggles I went back and tried the MU2 with the stock GPS -- same dep and arrival, and the AP worked fine.  ILS too. 

Dang 750 was a $50 buy ... should I uninstall/reinstall it?   In and of itself it seems to be working fine, its just not interfacing with the AP for some reason. 

As for version the Shift-1 plane config menu says 1.7 ... my money's on the GTN unit.  Question now is how to fix it? 

If you are having a problem getting the GTN750 working, then I highly suggest going to the Flight1 support forum for assistance. I don't own the MU2 myself so I cannot test for your issue, but having owned the GTN750/650 units since they were released I have personally had no issues with either of them, as long as the aircraft's instruments were coded properly.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forums.html

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

GTN compatibility out of the box...I think I'll give it a shot.

Is it a pop-up 2D window only or a VC full intergation as well?

Thanks,

Dirk.

@usflyer - just flew your route out of Bangkok and did not experience your nav issue...f/d followed all courses fine and so did the a/p. Yea may need to check that your 750 install is ok. Goto Flight1.

@Dirk, yes the 750 is in the VC panel

Thanks guys, I'll try there.  The 750 is on the VC panel, fully functional but I usually bring up the 2D because its larger and easier to see.  Both operate the same way in my case. 

Id try selecting the other NAV unit just in case.. I think there was an issue with which did what. at some stage. Even contacting ATC brought up com2 instead of 1 but that seems to be rectified. I have it following GPS fine.

update - just for giggles I reinstalled the 750 (made sure anti-virus & firewalls were off) and then went through the installer a bit more carefully.  There's options on one of the pages saying "heading" and "nav" and nav was not selected.  So, I brought my 25 years of flying experience to bear .....and selected it.  Now it all works just fine, no issues at all.  Reinstall or operator install error?  I'd go with choice B  lol

Do have a follow-up question about fuel.  There are tanks Left, Center, Right, Left Tip & Right Tip.  I go on a flight and only the Center tanks supply fuel, to the point where I get a  "Fuel Level Low" caution ... all other tanks stay at 100%.  I see some test toggle switches on the center console but where are the fuel selectors?  I kind of assumed with tanks on the tips and elsewhere that this would work like a 310 does for example .... but this doesn't seem to manage it that way.  Been looking for some PDF manuals in the download but damn if I can find them.  Thoughts?

I'll say this.... noted texture issues not withstanding, the more I fly this thing the more I like it.  So stable, ext model looks sweet & lands like a dream....it's a nice plane & I'm really enjoying it.  And now that its working well, the 750 is icing on the cake. 

Would love a 2D of the lower pitch control since its what's used to set VS ... and having a setup on the condition levers & throttles like the Duke V2 where left click (for those of us without dedicated 3rd party throttles) moves the lever in question and right click moves them both together would really be nice.  Other than that, it's a job well done I think .... really enjoying it.

Do have a follow-up question about fuel.  There are tanks Left, Center, Right, Left Tip & Right Tip. 

About fuel, you have to turn the transfer pump in auto position. See under the altitude selector there are 2 red switches (main valve) and under those red switches you will see two other switches. Just switch them to "Auto". (up position). According to the checklist, they have to be off for landing.

Edited by n4gix
Deleted excessive quote.

Real Deraps