Sign in to follow this  
anthonye

Some info please before I buy the 430/530

Hi

I wonder if someone could answer a couple of questions before I buy the 430/530. I have contacted Mindstar a couple of times but I don't like keep bothering them with short questions, so I thought I would ask here.

My system is

intel core duo 3.33mhz

windows 8.1

ati 5850 GPU 1gb memory

8gb system memory

Steam version of FSX ( which was updated on the 23rd April)

========================================================

Can flight plans be created within the units and then saved for later use then loaded in again.

Will the autopilot then follow the plan providing the fsx autopilot is set correctly, or does the plan need to be done in the fsx flight planner.

Do they come with a built in nav database or has this got to purchased to see the nav data on the map display.

With the latest steam version update 23rd April), is there any know issues at the moment with the gauges not working like other company's

Do the units come with Garmin manuals or do they have to be download from somewhere else.

I know that the A2A aircraft have a config program  to install them, but would fsx panel studio help to do other aircraft.

That's all for now

Thanks

Anthony

Can flight plans be created within the units and then saved for later use then loaded in again.

Yes.

Will the autopilot then follow the plan providing the fsx autopilot is set correctly, or does the plan need to be done in the fsx flight planner.

No.

Do they come with a built in nav database or has this got to purchased to see the nav data on the map display.

No. You can use either the default FS data or you can purchase RealNav.

With the latest steam version update 23rd April), is there any know issues at the moment with the gauges not working like other company's

I don't know of anything being broken in the Steam Edition.

Do the units come with Garmin manuals or do they have to be download from somewhere else.

No, you can find those at Garmin's own web site.

I know that the A2A aircraft have a config program  to install them, but would fsx panel studio help to do other aircraft.

I don't think it would hurt, but the whole premise assumes you understand how panel.cfg files work.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ok thanks, that's answered that.

Do the system specs seem reasonable to run them without too much fps drop.

Anthony

Our units don't normally impact performance so I can't see why you couldn't run them.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I just got them, running great.

Is there a setting in the ini file to up the refresh rate a bit ?

Also on my screen the popup shows a bit small for clarity, I realise that I can change the size by dragging etc. But what are the lines in the aircraft panel config to change the default size ?

Thanks

Anthony

There is no method to increase the refresh rate, if you're talking about turns and such and the rate the map updates.

You would have to change the window size in the panel.cfg file.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ok, I will have to fiddle around with it, I will check you site for the info you have on it.

I remember seeing a guide there.