Sign in to follow this  
EasyE

Offset runways at YSSY in PMDG?

Hey folks. I'm trying to determine if it's on my end or if anyone else has experienced this issue.

I've done quite a few approaches into YSSY, on runways 25, 34L, 34R. Each of these appear as correct and lined up with the ILS arrow and runway on my flight map but during the approach the aircraft comes in at an angle to the runway and not on a straight in course or anywhere near the runway extension line in the ND. Frequency and course are correct and I've tried this with and without a STAR. This ONLY happens with PMDG. Specifically the MD-11 and the 747.

I've searched for two days on a resolution for this. Checked charts and plates. I've tried default YSSY, Ray Smith's YSSY, and AUScene YSSY. All with the same result. I have Orbx AU sp4 installed and my airac cycle is up to date.

Is this normal for YSSY? Anyone else had this issue? Does AU sp4 have any affect whatsoever on YSSY afcad? Thanks for any help you can offer.

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2015 at 10:22 AM, EasyE said:

Hey folks. I'm trying to determine if it's on my end or if anyone else has experienced this issue.

I've done quite a few approaches into YSSY, on runways 25, 34L, 34R. Each of these appear as correct and lined up with the ILS arrow and runway on my flight map but during the approach the aircraft comes in at an angle to the runway and not on a straight in course or anywhere near the runway extension line in the ND. Frequency and course are correct and I've tried this with and without a STAR. This ONLY happens with PMDG. Specifically the MD-11 and the 747.

I've searched for two days on a resolution for this. Checked charts and plates. I've tried default YSSY, Ray Smith's YSSY, and AUScene YSSY. All with the same result. I have Orbx AU sp4 installed and my airac cycle is up to date.

Is this normal for YSSY? Anyone else had this issue? Does AU sp4 have any affect whatsoever on YSSY afcad? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Hi Pilot, I have problem too with PMDG 747 V2 with autoland on rwy16R. You can take a look at http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10209

Let's share solution whichever find first. Cheers ....

Patricio Valdes

Is this stock airport? if so then the only RWY mis aligned is 16L, the ILS is a few degrees off in ADE, with ADE you can correct that, the rest is perfect, did you guys do a navaid and magnetic declination update or not? if not then it could be possible that the PMDG with a newer AIRAC cycle has a different course.

Herman

10 hours ago, electricman said:

Is this stock airport? if so then the only RWY mis aligned is 16L, the ILS is a few degrees off in ADE, with ADE you can correct that, the rest is perfect, did you guys do a navaid and magnetic declination update or not? if not then it could be possible that the PMDG with a newer AIRAC cycle has a different course.

Herman

I don't know how to use ADE on how to do corrections from. I wonder where to find another AFCAD to give a try.

Patricio Valdes

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 2:26 AM, electricman said:

https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html read this and install the right packages for you and that will correct the 3 RWY's with problems, then only 16L will be there to correct, ADE is free and after some hands you on can change some  stuff easy

Herman

AIRAC 1705 rev2 resolved the issue.

Patricio Valdes