Sign in to follow this  
patrico

NEED SOME ADVICE RE T7

Hi, can anybody tell me how to stop that annoying autopilot klaxon from going off after I land or taxi,.

As  I am now flying the freighter model. does GSX offload/on load cargo like their passenger model

Hi, Patrick!

how to stop that annoying autopilot klaxon

I guess you mean the autopilot disengage horn?

Just press the same button you assigned to disconnect AP for the second time.

does GSX offload/on load cargo like their passenger model

There are two cargo loaders, yes.

But full cargo version of GSX is in the making for a future release.

Above information is in the Introduction, highly recommended reading.

Dan Downs KCRP

Rafal  thank  you I do and it us silenced until I move the joystick and it starts again

Major Downs, if you were  familiar with the nature of my disability then you might understand why I need to ask such a basic question

Rafal thank you I do and it us silenced until I move the joystick and it starts again

Two A/P disconnects (button, keyboard or mouse click spot) are needed but there is a trick to it that's covered in the documentation.  Press twice too quick and it behaves as if you pressed once, press too slowly and you disconnect then reconnect (I think this is what is happening to you, just guessing).  Two clicks/button presses or whatever you are using, spaced about 2 sec apart is just right.

There are numerous settings in the FMS PMDG Options menu that may help you, such as behavior to cancel A/P, warning horn/siren, what overrides A/P and A/T, and several dozen key commands you can customize.  Take a look.

Dan Downs KCRP

Major Downs, if you were  familiar with the nature of my disability then you might understand why I need to ask such a basic question

While I'm sure everyone here would make an effort to accommodate disabilities, I don't find it quite reasonable to assume people would know to accommodate it without knowing what it was.

I'm not saying you have to tell us - that's your business and yours entirely - bringing it up in this manner is somewhat unfair to anyone who has not been made aware of it, however. In that regard, I think the best assumption is that people are able to read the Intro Manual unless otherwise advised.

Now we know.

The answer to your question, though, is that you just have to press the A/P disconnect once more (this is the button on the yoke, or you can configure a key command through the PMDG SETUP> menus):

Press once to disconnect.

Press once more after a two second delay to tell the automation that the first press was intentional.

Kyle Rodgers

That has got to be most fair-minded comment you have made, Kyle. Spot-on.

When I saw Patrick's post yesterday, I was half-tempted to furnish the solution, and half-tempted to see what somebody else may suggest ala 'Read the..........'.

Now, if in future I do spot Patrick's posts, I'll be much more aware and assist in as far as I can.

sorry guys, I am sure I mentioned my disability in previous posts but I am in a wheelchair after a car crash 23 years ago in Houston where  was living at that time.   FYI  I am Irish currently living in London..................go figure ! , Before my car crash I had worked as a deep sea diver in South-East-Asia for 21 years and commuting from Houston to Singapore every 6 weeks. I also suffer with no co-ordination  and its very difficult for me to read and understand a manual in detail. My sincere thank you to everyone who has helped me so far...................that I why I make thee odd donation on behalf of you guys. That is also why I fly the T7 because of its high level of automation

I thought you were Irish with a surname like Horan, but did not know your location. I take my hat off to you for your diving skills. Having worked in the North Sea, I have great admiration for that elite group. And of course, Houston as an oil capital would be linked to diving. Rest assured, if I see any of your posts, I'll do my best to assist you.

All the best, Patrick. May your life be a peaceful one.

yes I am Irish born and raised  ,  my latest problem is how do you  divert to a different airport if an  original f/p I already loaded in the FMC 

yes I am Irish born and raised  ,  my latest problem is how do you  divert to a different airport if an  original f/p I already loaded in the FMC 

So many people think that there's some special function for diversions that leaves the original route intact, and I'm not sure why. The AP follows the route that's set on the RTE page. Adding another function on top of that would be adding unnecessary layers of complication.

If you're no longer going to follow the planned route then there's no reason to keep it. Replace the destination airport and enter a new route string if necessary. If the diversion is mid route, you can build it using RTE 2 and pull that over. If it's because the weather at the destination is poor and your alternate is relatively close, they'll likely just vector you.

Kyle Rodgers