Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

FS Passengers vs MCE

I am contemplating buying fs passengers for the ambience of cabin announcments and passenger sounds. I am also contemplating buying MCE. Are the same features in MCE that are in FS Passengers? I don't care about the company fuel, food prices..etc. Please advise. I am going to get the MCE ultimate if I choose to get that one and then get either RC4 or VoxATC. What would be the best combination?

I am wanting to be able to talk to ATC through my MIC.  I know VoxATC does but I hear great things about RC4 and I am not sure if I can talk to ATC that way too.  I know it says no voice integration but with MCE would it work?

Josh Scholl

Recommend getting MCE and RC4. MCE adds voice communication with both copilot, ground engineer and cabin crew, as well as being able to communicate using voice with RC4, e.g. "Clearance Delivery, Speedbird 543 request clearance as filed to xxx". RC4 will respond with clearance. You read back the clearance and RC4 advises "readback correct".

Same process continues for push back, taxi and following RC4 commands in flight.

As far as MCE itself is concerned, your copilot of choice will carryout checklists and procedures, and if using William or Lorna, will also handle radio communications with RC4, leaving you free to concentrate on flying the aircraft and issuing commands to your copilot.

MCE may not handle all cabin crew announcements during phases of flight, but there are ways to add your own through vox scripts. I also use FSCABIN CREW to provided announcements during phases of flight.

Check out YouTube fsx videos by David Herky, it was watching these which persuaded me to get MCE in the first place.

Happy flying,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

I am contemplating buying fs passengers for the ambience of cabin announcments and passenger sounds.

Please stop spamming and trolling the FSX forums about FS Passengers.  You already own it per the following posts (I could provide more examples but these provide enough proof of your ownership):

"am using FS Passengers and their forum won't let me register. I download the PA46T payload off their website. The editor clearly states max of 4 passengers. But when I start a load flight it only lets me load 2 passengers, it says nothing about 4. Any help?"   (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/467534-payload-error/?view=findpost&p=3227740 )

"I did some searching and found a example dll text and copied the fs passenger entry into my current dll and it's now working. Thanks" (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/467467-fsx-addons-disappeared-from-add-on-menu/)

"There is no way to register for FSpassengers forum and I am trying to fly one of my payware aircraft either bonanza or legacy. FS Passengers doesn't recognize the payload model. I choose the default and then when I go to the passengers it says there is no passengers waiting at the gate. Can anybody help me? ( http://forum.avsim.net/topic/467398-passengers-not-loading/?view=findpost&p=3226495 )

There are also indications you own MCE.

I'm not sure if you have any financial interest in FS Passengers but it appears obvious to me that you are trying to get others to purchase it and many have already indicated they will not buy the upgrade because the developer provided no support in the previous version. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have a demo of FS Passengers no demo of MCE yet.  Sorry for the frustration.  Will drop this.

Josh Scholl

I am contemplating buying fs passengers for the ambience of cabin announcments and passenger sounds. I am also contemplating buying MCE. Are the same features in MCE that are in FS Passengers? I don't care about the company fuel, food prices..etc. Please advise. I am going to get the MCE ultimate if I choose to get that one and then get either RC4 or VoxATC. What would be the best combination?

I am wanting to be able to talk to ATC through my MIC.  I know VoxATC does but I hear great things about RC4 and I am not sure if I can talk to ATC that way too.  I know it says no voice integration but with MCE would it work?

FSPassengers and MCE have different purposes, they don't share any functionality. You could actually use both at the same time.

- FS Passengers is just an ambience addon, playing predefined entertaining sound files at the appropriate time (disregarding its other/core functions in flight management of course)

- MCE is a voice recognition and control software, that allows you to talk to your FO, to ATC and others and make them do things in the sim.

If you want to talk to RC4, PFE or default ATC you need MCE (yes, it can handle all three. You can even direct your FO to speak to ATC for you and you just fly the plane - just one example what MCE is capable of).

LORBY-SI

FS Passangers is MORE than just an ambiance add-on.  IT is a full PAX simulator and airline business operations system that allows you not only fly for your airline company but manage its business from maintenance costs, fuel costs to buying new planes for your fleet that can be flown by virtual pilots that will earn you even more money while you fly, at least the version of FSPAX I own does all this and it did it quite well when I flew FSX.  I am waiting for the new version to become fully P3D 2.5 compliant and I will probably load it back in along side my FS Captain and VoxATC for the complete flight experience.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

FS Passangers is MORE than just an ambiance add-on.  IT is a full PAX simulator and airline business operations system that allows you not only fly for your airline company but manage its business from maintenance costs, fuel costs to buying new planes for your fleet that can be flown by virtual pilots that will earn you even more money while you fly, at least the version of FSPAX I own does all this and it did it quite well when I flew FSX.  I am waiting for the new version to become fully P3D 2.5 compliant and I will probably load it back in along side my FS Captain and VoxATC for the complete flight experience.

You are right, of course it is more than that. Just not for the OP I think - he doesn't care for the management part.

Yet, it still is a completely different application than MCE in all its functionality. I'm using FSCaptain with MCE, basically the same scenario.

LORBY-SI