Sign in to follow this  
MeneMene

Flight Scheduler v1 released

@MeneMene

Am trying to find out some information on AnsettAustralia flights I took in 1997. Tried inputting PER-MEL as the departure and arrival airports, but came a blank. Any help appreciated.

Maybe you misunderstood me, I do have a flightplanning program which is excellent, but what I would like to see is the actually filed RW flightplan from sites like "flightaware" or "fligthradar24" etc., if this is possible. I know that it is out of the scope of this little tool, to generate a flightplan... but maybe there are internet sites, where one could download the original RW flightplan..... and I don't mean an online Flightplanner like "route finder" etc.... which are excellent sites, but not what I mean.....

Flightaware only has flights from the last month or so available for free, and I've got "modern" flights going back to at least 2008 for most of the airlines in here. And then it depends on the AIRAC in use, ETOPS restrictions for different aircraft, changing weather and oceanic tracks, etc. Much simpler to just let users find or generate their flight plans.

@MeneMene

Am trying to find out some information on AnsettAustralia flights I took in 1997. Tried inputting PER-MEL as the departure and arrival airports, but came a blank. Any help appreciated.

That's because I don't have 90's schedules for Ansett included yet. Although there are a lot of flights in here, it's not as if I magically have every season of every airline in the past 60 years, I have to find and add them manually. I have added historical data where I can, and I am currently working on overhauling and expanding it. For historical schedules, my ultimate goal is to have one set of full schedules for each decade. If there's one you really want me to add, point me towards the timetable and I will see what I can do to include it.

Thanks, MeneMene.

Besides the Ansett flights of the late 90s era, I was also looking for 95 onwards Garuda Indonesia Europe-Asia.

You are doing a fab job, so I'm not expecting miracles. If it's in the pipeline for the future that will do me.

Thanks, MeneMene.

Besides the Ansett flights of the late 90s era, I was also looking for 95 onwards Garuda Indonesia Europe-Asia.

You are doing a fab job, so I'm not expecting miracles. If it's in the pipeline for the future that will do me.

No problem.

Garuda is included for 1994 in full, that should be enough for that decade. Any special reason why you need to have it after 95?

With this 1.0 release, I have most of the current major airlines up to date an in the desired amounts 2008-2014, with the historical schedules where possible as a bonus. The current goal is to expand the historical flights and clean them up, the ones in there can have some errors. Ansett is one I'll definitely begin including, it's currently in there for 1976 but not much else ATM.

Good God, what an amazing utility. It even has flights out of my little hometown airport from the mid-90s that I didn't even know were flown. Obviously, there are flights missing, but as development continues I'm sure it'll become one of my go-to programs for flight planning. Thank you so much for giving us this great program!

I've already used this tool a few times.  Notably this morning; with the F27 just released from Just Flight, it took literally seconds to sort through the database in this app to display a list that gave me a good idea of where and when the F27 flew.

So it's potential uses is not limited to generating ideas for realistic flights, but to also 'vet' an aircraft add-on prior to purchase to see if it flew in areas where you might want to fly.

Also, I'm assuming that one could add to the database if desired, and if one had the proper software?

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Good God, what an amazing utility. It even has flights out of my little hometown airport from the mid-90s that I didn't even know were flown. Obviously, there are flights missing, but as development continues I'm sure it'll become one of my go-to programs for flight planning. Thank you so much for giving us this great program!

I'm glad you like it

So it's potential uses is not limited to generating ideas for realistic flights, but to also 'vet' an aircraft add-on prior to purchase to see if it flew in areas where you might want to fly.

Also, I'm assuming that one could add to the database if desired, and if one had the proper software?

I'd be a little careful about the first point, there's plenty more of the historical schedules to be added, just because something isn't in the database yet doesn't mean it wasn't used.

For the second point, yes in theory, although it's a bit involved and there is 10+ minute compilation script that needs to be run to push out a new version of the database. Until I get a workable way for users to do this figured out, what I could do is make a guide about the data format expected, so that anyone who wants to help or really wants a particular schedule can research and make the raw data, and send it along to me to be pushed out in the next database update.

Hi,

Flightaware only has flights from the last month or so available for free, and I've got "modern" flights going back to at least 2008 for most of the airlines in here. And then it depends on the AIRAC in use, ETOPS restrictions for different aircraft, changing weather and oceanic tracks, etc. Much simpler to just let users find or generate their flight plans.

Thanks for your answer - makes sence.... still a nice little took to lookup flights.... Thanks for developing...

kind regards

No problem.

Garuda is included for 1994 in full, that should be enough for that decade. Any special reason why you need to have it after 95?

With this 1.0 release, I have most of the current major airlines up to date an in the desired amounts 2008-2014, with the historical schedules where possible as a bonus. The current goal is to expand the historical flights and clean them up, the ones in there can have some errors. Ansett is one I'll definitely begin including, it's currently in there for 1976 but not much else ATM.

Because I flew on its 747-400 into Perth end of December 95 and took an MD-11 out end of January 96. Trying to update my diary of travel, flight numbers, etc.

Likewise, Ansett in 1997.

Hi MeneMene

Any way of including the Super VC10 East African Airways and Air India 707 schedules from the 70s and 80s respectively?

Cheers

Jay

Hi MeneMene

Any way of including the Super VC10 East African Airways and Air India 707 schedules from the 70s and 80s respectively?

Cheers

Jay

I'll add them to the list. It would help if you could point me to where I could either find the timetables or a FS9 traffic file.

Hi MeneMene

Cheers

Jay

Glad you asked this. Nice one. Flew on both. Nairobi-London and Bombay-London.Slipped my radar.

Version 1.1 is out here. Is it possible to edit the first post so I can update it with the new info and a changelog? It looks like the edit button is removed after a certain amount of time has expired. Should I just start a new topic?

Does anyone have this that could send it me? All the links are dead and the OP seems inactive now.

Your link is taking me to WWW.HugeDomains.com, not sure what that is, but it is definitely not Flight Scheduler v1.