Sign in to follow this  
Mike62

Unable to start MU2

Hello I have watched the videos numerous times, the propellers are locked and I am following the procedures and cannot get the engines to start.

Very frustrated,

Am I missing something. 

Thanks,

Mike Cameron

Glad you got it worked out!

Fly safe!

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

Hello Joe, I should started a new topic but was already typing. Whenever I load the MU-2 as well as the 441 the first time in FSX, the start locks are always unlocked.  Is this how it is supposed to be.  Not a big deal it just would be more convenient if they started in the locked position to save some battery power.

Thanks,

Mike Cameron

Mike, after you load the MU-2, go to the main menu (shift-1) and click "turn systems off" on the right side. That should engage the start locks for you.

Mike, actually I think you are correct because I had the same problem today and it was repeatable. I loaded the MU-2 from the P3D startup screen, pressed shift-1 and turned all systems off (which does enable start locks).  However, when the master switch is turned on, the props come out of the start locks.  This happens no matter whether the condition levers are in the cutoff or taxi position when the master is switched on.  Joe, can you confirm this?

Todd

Did you get the issue resolved Mike?

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

No, the start locks are always in the unlocked position when loading the aircraft. I even tried saving the flight in the locked position and when I load this flight, both props are backed in the unlocked position.  Sometimes when I manually place in the locked position as soon as I either unpress the feather propeller button or move the throttle back to ground idle, the prop returns to the unlocked position.  The right engine seams to stay locked, this just happens with the left engine.  I have to repeat a couple times and for some reason the final time it stays locked.  Is there any way to have it default to the locked position when loading the aircraft.  This also happens to me with the 441, but I only have to lock it once and I am good to go.

Thanks,

Mike