Sign in to follow this  
TonyR

Problems with 3 monitors Nvidia Surround

I'm using Nvidia Surround, three 24" Asus monitors, changed fsx.cfg wideviewaspect to "true", reduced window to 0.333 (it fixed a problem with a flickering cursor) but I still have a huge panel spreading over the three monitors. Zooming out doesn't help at all (all panels are huge;the  overhead panel spreads all over the three monitors!). I don't know what else could I do and wonder if PMDG has a fix for Nvidia Surround as they have for Eyefinity. Maybe I have to play with the panel.cfg but don't know how. I'd really be thankful if someone could help me with this b/c I exhausted my options.Thanks!

Hi! After changing the fsx.cfg file ( wideaspectview to "true"); window aspect to 0.333; changed resolution on FSX, I still have huge panels spread over the three 24" Asus monitors running Nvidia Surround. I guess that maybe the problem can be fixed on the panel.cfg file but I don't know how. I believe PMDG created a fiex for Eyefinity, and wonder if also to Nvidia Surround! I'd appreciate any help and thank you in advance.

TonyR 

I have the same settings as you. No problem. Now I'm not in front of my computer, but I can find my configuration and post here.

Eduardo Lee

(MROC)

Could you guys post pics of your setups, I curious as to how the whole VC environment looks?

Did you have resize or downscale anything?

Thank you all. Yes, I did all the changes ("wideviewaspect=true"  and "window_size= 0.333, 1.000") and stil the huge panels. I have Nvidia Surround set for landscape and resolution 5760 x 1080...same in FSX)!!! Did not resize or downscale anything else. Wonder if I have to make changes in the panel.cfg file?!.

Sorry Angelo. Since I washaving problems with uploadingmy new topic I ended up having to with the same subject (check the first one on the main page). Regarding your question, I believe it makesa difference depending if you wise wide or 4.3 panels.

These are my settings:

FSX.CFG

wideviewAspect = True
ForceWindowedvsync = 0 (This is because I use pseudo) for full screen

panel.cfg

I have not changed anything. The default setting.
"window_size = 1.000, 1.000"

Resolution: 5760x1080x32

Video Card: GTX 780
Monitors 23 "AOC 60Hz

EZDok

Link to photos

https://app.sugarsync.com/wf/D6870628_98348175_354108

Eduardo Lee

(MROC)

Elee, I changed the window size to correct a flickering cursor (it did correct). Would you mind to email me your panel.cfg?!

Did you place a ticket with Pmdg? if not go ahead and do so I know they have a fix for this, I've download it. I think its was from Dave but for me it was just for the large Panels.

Give it a try.

Hi Tony,

MatroxTripleHead2Go might solve your problems.........a little expensive, but it will  work..........

Regards    Brian.

It doesn't always work to just use .33, 1.0 sometimes you have to hand tweak the values, anyways here's the configs for the NGX that they gave me a few years ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4le29xf2f48e8li/PMDG_Surround_cfgs.zip?dl=0

You'll want to use the panel_wide-eyefinity 3x1 one and rename it to panel.cfg of course, back up your files first

If  you want to edit some default aircraft this is always a good resource:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526956.aspx

Thanks Slayer...I will try it and get back.... crossing my fingers!