Sign in to follow this  
RobdeVries

MU-2B-60: using SPZ-500 APR Mode

Just tested the FD using the GTN750 in GPS mode and it works with my new fix.

I forgot to mention above that if your using the IAS hold with my new update the IAS will turn off and the VS will turn on once altitude is established.

The go around will not set the pitch wheel to 800 ft. as that is not real. It will disengage from holding an ILS approach and have the FD on so you can fly by hand to the last altitude setting.

I will re upload rev 1.6 but will post here when ready. Working on engine sounds with stereo balance for each engine and need to fix the steam edition link. Do you have steam edition and does the installer find it?

...sorry Mark, I use the regular boxed boxed version of FSX. I purchased SE last Christmas but it's not setup and in fact I've never even started it, so I'm not sure I would be the right person to ask. I can try to see if it'll install for you into SE but since I never started it Im not sure if the correct registry entries are even in place on my end.

Ok, no problem re:1.6 re-upload...I'll wait until you give the ok. I'll be around tomorrow eve again. If you need anything before then you can send me an email or try IM'ing me here.

Rev 1.6 just got uploaded again to the Flystore and is ready to download. I am holding off sending out our newsletter until Monday once i know this update is okay. 

Just fixed the FD for the nav mode as it was only turning on if you hit another mode first or turn the AP on then off. My coding for all the other modes used my custom buttons but for some reason the nav button would not respond. So i simply used the variable and the FD came to life any time you engage the nav mode selector. I aslo noticed that the VS and IAS light would turn off when captured. My new update the VS and IAS stay on since this is what makes the altitude lock active. But if you use the IAS and you reach your desired altitude it will auto switch to VS mode once captured. I am updating the manual with more info for the AP mode panel. I also updated the engine sounds today with stereo  sounds so left engine plays more toward the left speaker and same rule for the right engine. Improved the exterior sounds as well. There is still no way to fix the bug the air file has so when you quickly reduce power to idle it will drop the sound to 70% rpm for 3 seconds. So just try to lower the throttle slowly.

I'll give it a shot and post back tonight to let you know how it goes. So glad to see that you found the nav problem and thanks for also fixing the IAS...I noticed that it wasnt functioning yesterday during my testing and didn't want to add anything more onto your plate...so that's great, thank you!

Yea, too bad about the sound bug...but I dont recall it doing that in v1.3 when you used Dave's sound fix initially. What about using prop inertia setting, would that have any effect by lowering its inertia? (trying to think how to get it to not fall below 21 torque when coming out of reversers when condition lever is in full position. Probably not, just a stab in the dark.

***Edit: ok, had some time for a quick test this morning...manual f/d in nav mode is now working, woohoo!! Did a few short hops and it worked everytime :Applause:

Thank you, Mark...very nice!

On a side note, not really sure why you decided to engage vs mode when reaching alt...but in any case that seems to also be working as well, so yay :Big Grin:

Oh, I forget what the code fix is to get the f/d and a/p to follow the GPS's glideslope but Bert Peike has made it work with the Carenado planes while using the gtn750...haven't looked at that code in a long time, but if you contact him with an IM he'll gladly send you the mod fixes so you can see how he did it...or maybe he can just tell you without even having to send any files. I don't believe the fix is too difficult.

I'll give it a shot and post back tonight to let you know how it goes. So glad to see that you found the nav problem and thanks for also fixing the IAS...I noticed that it wasnt functioning yesterday during my testing and didn't want to add anything more onto your plate...so that's great, thank you!

Yea, too bad about the sound bug...but I dont recall it doing that in v1.3 when you used Dave's sound fix initially. What about using prop inertia setting, would that have any effect by lowering its inertia? (trying to think how to get it to not fall below 21 torque when coming out of reversers when condition lever is in full position. Probably not, just a stab in the dark.

***Edit: ok, had some time for a quick test this morning...manual f/d in nav mode is now working, woohoo!! Did a few short hops and it worked everytime :Applause:

Thank you, Mark...very nice!

On a side note, not really sure why you decided to engage vs mode when reaching alt...but in any case that seems to also be working as well, so yay :Big Grin:

Oh, I forget what the code fix is to get the f/d and a/p to follow the GPS's glideslope but Bert Peike has made it work with the Carenado planes while using the gtn750...haven't looked at that code in a long time, but if you contact him with an IM he'll gladly send you the mod fixes so you can see how he did it...or maybe he can just tell you without even having to send any files. I don't believe the fix is too difficult.

I did not change the IAS as it was always working. But it will change to VS mode once established. The reason for this is the default hold altitude lock mode is the VS and if the IAS mode stays active once you reach your altitude it will continue to pitch if you change your speed in the aircraft. But in VS mode you are stable and can continue holding altitude and decide what to do next. I can do some testing today to see what happens again if the IAS mode were to stay active once established.

Yep the FD using the nav mode selector is now alive....

The new sound cfg is Dave's settings. I just re wrote the layout with more entries for left and right engines in stereo and cleaned up entries that used no sound files. And what i mean about stereo is the left engine has it's own sound with more sound on your left speaker and the right engine has more sound on your right speaker.

You can use the FD and APR mode using the GTN750. Just switch from GPS radio to NAV radio! By default the FSX approach code will not hold an ILS using the GPS radio only NAV radio.

Today I will start some testing on the IAS mode and see if we can just keep it active once you reach your altitude.

All sounds good Mark...gonna try using nav instead of gps as you suggested for the gps approaches :BigGrin:

Regarding the IAS mode...I wasn't suggesting that you change it or that you make it stay in IAS mode really since you have it working ok now...BUT...what about making it like one would expect, where after reaching altitude the IAS/VS modes get turned off and only ALT mode stays on (which is supposed to hold the alt)?

Just tested and the IAS mode and it does not need to swap to the VS mode. And you make a good point as i had the VS and IAS lights turn off and the ALT/SEL mode stay on. I just did some more testing and going to put it back to what i had.

well to be honest the correct way of doing this (in fsx anyway)...is to have only the ALT mode stay on once reaching your altitude...that is what should hold your alt...and IAS and VS should turn off at that point.

BUT, the VS wheel should not activate UNLESS the pilot presses the VS button first. It's ok if the vs number goes up and down as you scroll it, but the plane should not climb/descend until the pilot re-engages altsel mode (and then either vs or IAS).

This is basically how all fsx 3rd party planes function in fsx...not all but the majority do work this way. Sounds like you just need to figure out how to get the vs wheel setting to be ignored by fsx until after the ALTSEL & vs/IAS button is on.

I totally agree with what you just posted and working on that now. I also noticed in this last update i removed the auto 800 ft climb setting from the cfg and for some reason it did not get updated. So i just had to remove that again.

yea it's good to set that default at zero in the cfg exactly as you said...this way the plane wont move when you press the altsel/vs buttons, until after you start turning the wheel :-)

By the way...you can always email me if you'd rather move the conversation off the forum...but thats up to you.

The plane should climb at the default VS setting until it hits the altitude dialed in, the ALT should set and hold the aircraft at the dialed altitude. The trim wheel is to

add or subtract the climb rate.  The default 800 fpm should stay in the config as far as I'm concerned. 

The plane should climb at the default VS setting until it hits the altitude dialed in, the ALT should set and hold the aircraft at the dialed altitude. The trim wheel is to

add or subtract the climb rate. The default 800 fpm should stay in the config as far as I'm concerned.

unless I've missed something this is what mark and I have already stated (except that the default fpm setting of the a/p should really be set at zero instead of 800, although you can set the config to anything you like)...for climb you're really supposed to use the IAS, and using the VS for descents only typically works best in most situations and is considered to be the more correct procedure.

Wasn't arguing with you just my 2 cents , your right about the zero setting and with a gauge that shows what you have set it at makes it easy. I don't have tool tips enabled 

so it would be a guess. What is driving me crazy is the ALT not capturing the altitude that i set and having  it hunt the selected  ALT  usually at  +/-  500 ft. As much as I 

want and have been waiting for a MU-2 if it doesn't fly right I won't fly it. Hope you guys get together and get it sorted out.