Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

To all FS9 Dev's still breathing in and out...., and yet, feel a pulse...

....a head's up:

"If you produce a program for road-way traffic, cars, trucks, buses, that act and look exactly like what we have in FSX.x and P3D.x, world-wide...that will work on UT for FS9-generated roadways.....you only have to walk out of the corn field and play ball...."

"I'll buy it as fast as it gets concept proven and reviewed!".  Plunk...the sound of money down upon the table....

End of the NOTAM.....

Sesquashtoo

Thank you, Mitch!  I really wish someone would do this.  Boats too!  Road traffic brings so much realism for me that I won't even mention how much I'm willing to pay for such a program on FS9.

Thank you, Mitch!  I really wish someone would do this.  Boats too!  Road traffic brings so much realism for me that I won't even mention how much I'm willing to pay for such a program on FS9.

This is the 'last' hold-out for me and FS9. Everything else..is like fine wine....sip...and smile.

Absolutely.  But if I were to dream, I would also like to see some higher quality jets, even lite models.  Carenado showed us what can be done in FS9.  I'd love to see some nice airliners in that quality!  Maybe global airport vehicles too.  It's 2015 and there's still a lot of excitement for FS9. 

If you have road traffic in FS9  you'll pay the price in FPS so you might as well go to FSX. Yeah it would be nice but it will come at a price. If there is something I'd like really to see in FS9 that would be  regions like Orbx. I own Portland and Rhode Island by Fight Scenery and those areas show what could be done with FS9. if someone could do complete regions with updated airports I would pay through the nose!

If it were possible, it would have been done years ago.

Boats too!

It is possible to have boats in FS9 by creating airports via AFCADs, with invisible "gates" at docking points, extremely long taxiways in the water, and extremely short runways located far away from where you will see them.

Take a look at these packages in the Avsim library:

Mobile, Alabama Freeflow reduX

AI Shrimp Boat Traffic for Apalachicola, FL

In theory it should be possible to use similar techniques for road traffic, but it might gum up FS9.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

If there is something I'd like really to see in FS9 that would be  regions like Orbx. I own Portland and Rhode Island by Fight Scenery and those areas show what could be done with FS9. if someone could do complete regions with updated airports I would pay through the nose!

If it were possible, it would have been done years ago.

It was.  Called VOZ (covering Australia, and at one time was the most heavily downloaded freeware of all time) and developed by one 'Koorby' aka John Venema of ORBX fame.  Incidentally Mr. Venema I believe was also playing with BEV (or was it GE?) developing organised street autogen which unfortunately led to a falling out of sorts. JV departed to do his own thing and the rest, as they say, is history ...

Sorry all, I meant to the OP, not anything that followed. It did look like I was responding to the post above mine.

Well of course it's possible, and has been done on a smaller scale at all AES-Lite equipped airports.

I love helicoptering down the railway line at Innsbruck and drag-racing the trains   B)  but that's just me.   

I truly dislike the cartoonish Effeh Sex way of showing traffic, actually, and would not settle for anything less than AES-Lite standard.

It would be a very big job to cover the world, so I'd settle for the odd train from here to there, with a flatbed to land my Piper Cub on.

Hang on, didn't Bill Lyons...?

Yup, he did, & now Milton & an amazing team of devs are releasing  the 'HMS Bounty'!!!

( see www.sim-outhouse.com)

Yes... FS9 is VERY much alive! Also, the http://www.ford-tri-motor.net/ guys, Garry & Ed, have great stuff for us!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

If you have road traffic in FS9  you'll pay the price in FPS so you might as well go to FSX. Yeah it would be nice but it will come at a price. If there is something I'd like really to see in FS9 that would be  regions like Orbx. I own Portland and Rhode Island by Fight Scenery and those areas show what could be done with FS9. if someone could do complete regions with updated airports I would pay through the nose!

Yeah...what you wrote...you can add it to my DEV NOTAM....

Boats are easy to add if you know how to use ADE/AFCAD..

Before I made the switch to FSX earlier this year I started to mess around with Shipping as with a kid on the way I was unsure if I was going to upgrade the PC or not

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/352953-ai-shipping-do-complete-packages-exist/page-5

On this page I added a youtube tutorial I found on how to create

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/352953-ai-shipping-do-complete-packages-exist/page-4

I should have uploaded them somewhere for you guys but Unfortunately I didn't keep anything FS9 on the upgrade (except for my Purchased Items that use both sims) as I knew I wasn't coming back, sorry guys :)

As for the topic at hand that's one thing I love about switching to FSX because of how much more the sim comes to life with Road and sea traffic, especially the AI package (on top of the visuals provided by certain addons)..

Flukey

It was.  Called VOZ (covering Australia, and at one time was the most heavily downloaded freeware of all time) and developed by one 'Koorby' aka John Venema of ORBX fame.  Incidentally Mr. Venema I believe was also playing with BEV (or was it GE?) developing organised street autogen which unfortunately led to a falling out of sorts. JV departed to do his own thing and the rest, as they say, is history ...

Yeah I did have VOZ on my drive for a while. I was hoping for a North America version and also the one thing I didn't like about VOZ was that it divided Australia into 3 or 4 parts that you had to activate separately. It was beautiful work though and sad that it wasn't further developed for FS9.

Yeah I did have VOZ on my drive for a while. I was hoping for a North America version and also the one thing I didn't like about VOZ was that it divided Australia into 3 or 4 parts that you had to activate separately. It was beautiful work though and sad that it wasn't further developed for FS9.

I still do.

You have to accept that with anything we do to achive what the original software can't is a bodge of one sort or another. FS2004 defines Australia as one geographical area for the ground textures - which is not how the real thing is. So VOZ requires us to tell FS which set of textures to present for our flight.

On other matters above, we cannot make cars run like AI ships because the sea is dead level as airports have to be. Roads are rarely so.

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org