Sign in to follow this  
Joe Flyer2

DoveTail Games: Vague, But Hopeful, Details on the Next Flight Simulator

^_^DoveTail updated their stance on the next simulator in their series. Just go to their "Our Products" page. They say they expect to have a release to market sometime in 2016. They allegedly are bringing in a Lead Artist to collaborate with their aviation team in producing the Simulator... exciting indeed ^_^^_^ ^_^

Some of you have probably seen this already, considering it was first posted on March 31, but the following, word for word, was posted on Facebook by DoveTail Games:

"""

Dovetail Games is currently recruiting for a Lead Artist to work as part of our Aviation team delivering the next generation of flight simulation.

Find out more http://www.dovetailgames.com/vacancies/2014/sep/15/lead-artist

The Aviation team are now ramping up to deliver the next generation of flight simulation in order to create an immersive experience for the PC flight hobbyist.

dovetailgames.com

"""

Exciting, indeed. I have faith in DoveTail. I am aware that many of you don't actually expect much at all from DoveTail games, but I, in all honesty, am expecting something of satisfaction... even a little ^_^. I just want something new. I hope for something that utilizes modern systems much better. Perhaps we can even expect an improved graphics engine! I'd rather not spark controversy on speculation, so let's keep that minimal.

But other than that, I think that this is really promising news! I am also very glad that they fixed the typo that was originally posted on their Products page. Everything seems to make sense now, and I'm glad they're starting to take and obvious, and serious, direction with the next Big Release in flight simulation!   :lol:

Hey anything that makes FS use better resource management! Can't hurt to wait and see.

The big point still is that

Could this lead artist be (RSR) Robert Salvatore Randazzo??

Chris Sunseri

I wonder if they are using Microsoft "Flight" and starting from there. I read that somewhere long ago, but it could of been speculation then as it is now :unsure:

Time will tell!

Lead Artist?  May be a new paint job?  :LMAO: Joking aside, we will see.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

When they say a new Flight Stimulator, are they talking about something on the same scale as Fsx/x-plane/p3d or a dumbed down version of a flight Sim

It's something we knew since quite some time

http://www.dovetailgames.com/news/2014/jul/9/dovetail-games-licensing-deal-with-microsoft-takes-flight

Either way, the only thing we know is that it will use the Microsoft Flight engine (was confirmed on facebook by DTG Martin) and it will be a simulator (while being arcade enough for new players, just like FSX is with the default planes). Time will tell what they are going to actually develop.

Personally, it will have to cover the whole world tho. If it doesn't, that's already a reason for me to not buy it.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I just sincerely hope Joshua Howard doesn't apply and get the job...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks for link Francesso, I can see some interesting posts and threads ahead. Interesting times for flight Sim.

What I really want to know Now is, are all my P3D add on's going to be compatible!! :)

I thought about applying for one of their developer positions, working on the new flight sim, as their offices are about the same distance away from my home as my current employer. And then I thought about the size of them, and who their largest competitor will be (Lockheed Martin). Good luck to them, but it's not for me, not at this point in my life anyway.

It needs two things

A freely available SDK and developers to be offered a decent return on their work.

Without those two things it will fail just as Flight! did.

An updated Flight! with DLC from First Class simulations via Steam does not get me excited really

Dovetail gonna need 3rd developers and release SDK would be advised. Anything that will replace FSX is pole vault bar to overcome. If dovetail thinks all can be done in house DLC face plant.

the only thing we know is that it will use the Microsoft Flight engine

That's right, there was a video interview posted that confirmed this too

https://youtu.be/d4-eiwSDRS0?t=4m19s (starts at 4:19) she says 'Flight technology' and not 'ESP' or 'FSX'

Personally, it will have to cover the whole world tho.

oh, I'm fairly certain it will cover the entire world.

....at $20 a country...  :ph34r: 

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter