Sign in to follow this  
Joe Flyer2

DoveTail Games: Vague, But Hopeful, Details on the Next Flight Simulator

Jokes apart, we had a similar forum approach Rimshot before Flight was released, you remember ?  It was not an ILS one, it was a visual one during a snow stormy evening   :wink:

The good old days :smile: I still wish I would have been more right than you about Flight  :wink:

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Actually no it's not confirmed, this has already been discussed in an earlier thread, and Aimee clarified this statement.

Did you bother to read when i wrote that or you just quoted me to say that something i said 4 months ago was incorrect also based on how DTG changed the way they approached the whole "Flight technology" thing?

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

???

Am I confused.. We all read what you posted (in error) & when it was clarified to be actually "flight technology" thing.

An incorrect posting from 4 months ago was thus corrected. A good approach by DTG, actually.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

To wipe out all the remaining doubts, I propose this to the AVSIM moderators, owners, managers :

Let's organize an interview with a Dovetail Games representative of the Flight project.

There could be a mix of questions made by the community members and also from AVSIM management. I suspect my direct innocent thoughts won't be in the list  :smile: , no problem , it would be nice to fill a list of 7-8 questions made by the community and AVSIM itself.

Being AVSIM without any doubt the most immense, huge and powerful source of knowledge in the world of flight simmers it could be and should be an easy task to organize such an interview, it would also be a nice news scoop also for AVSIM :wink:

What do you think community/AVSIM managers ?  

If Dovetail will decline the proposal, well, we will have had ( is that an english verb ?  ) anyway their visit card...........  

-

The good old days :smile: I still wish I would have been more right than you about Flight  :wink:

Yeep. Anyway we for are both here again to live another adventure  :wink:

If Dovetail will decline the proposal, well, we will have had ( is that an english verb ?  ) anyway their visit card........... 

Yeah, that would the conclusive evidence of this scientific approach to the truth :-)

Yeah, that would the conclusive evidence of this scientific approach to the truth :-)

Please remember I have a strong CV when speaking about crystal ball forecasts.....

I exactly explained to the forums ( also avsim forum ) what Flight would have been, 8 months before its release, in the details BTW. Was it only pure luck and just fortunate guesses ??   :smile:  

They will, I'm sure, in good time, reveal all.

& why should they agree to be 'interviewed' on our forum, which is,to them, a random flight simmer's forum, when they have their own forum to put out any info? I'm sure that they will never release any info elsewhere before they do it on their own site.

Will they decline? Of course. This takes me back to the good old days when guys were so upset with Microsoft closing down Aces, & the many petitions & demands that went out to them. Did it make a difference? of course not.

So, crystal ball forecasting, & the search for the Holy Grail carries on.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

They will, I'm sure, in good time, reveal all.

1 ) Avsim forum is 10 bilion times bigger and better then their home courtyard.

2 ) If the Holy Grail does not exist that's not a good reason for Indiana Jones to quit his activities.

Their forum, or maybe even Steam's, as they do with FSX:SE

Aww, the Crusaders went searching for the Grail, & look what happened to them.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

???

Am I confused.. We all read what you posted (in error) & when it was clarified to be actually "flight technology" thing.

An incorrect posting from 4 months ago was thus corrected. A good approach by DTG, actually.

Sure, except that what i said before was based on what Martin replied to me back then on facebook, where i specifically asked them if they were going to use the Microsoft Flight engine. I wasn't in error, they just taken a different more careful approach at it.

As for the interview, it would be nice provided they actually give out proper information, new information, about the new game.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

It would be nice, but then we would have nothing to talk about, apart from the moan that what they are giving is not what we want or expected.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Please remember I have a strong CV when speaking about crystal ball forecasts.....

My honest opinion?

Be P3D mgh.

These three words qualify and explain most if not all you posted so far in this thread: pure speculation based on personal bias.

As I said, just my opinion.

It would be nice, but then we would have nothing to talk about, apart from the moan that what they are giving is not what we want or expected.

Uh no, once they will admit the many limits of their new creature there will be room to guess which part of the world will be reproduced beside Hawaii, Alaska, Japan and Congo.

Then we can speak about the why and because they dediced to cut of of the games PMDG.... btw...have you read Robert Randazzo's comments on Microsoft behaviour during MS Flight times ?  It is self explanatory, much more salt & pepper than my few polite words.

@ barrel_owl : what's your opinion, if you have one, about Dovetail Flight game press release statements ? You must have an opinion, otherwise you are not man but a Big Mac burger.

...and..during MS Flight year before its release, I encountered gazillions of people with your mind set, so one more makes no difference  :smile:

@ barrel_owl : what's your opinion, if you have one, about Dovetail press release statements ? You must have an opinion, otherwise you are not man but a Big Mac burgher.

My opinion is that, based on real facts and real information, you and others are just speculating. Not only you're speculating. You're doing this to feed your personal bias.

I feel comfortable where I am, on the "Let's wait and see" side of the fence. If the alternative is to force reality to feed and corroborate my mind, then I definitely prefer banality.

Anyway, I promise I will ask myself if I have an opinion. And if I am a man, in first place. :-)

Did you bother to read when i wrote that or you just quoted me to say that something i said 4 months ago was incorrect also based on how DTG changed the way they approached the whole "Flight technology" thing?

I posted it in general, because I still see misinformation about this posted.  As to why I quoted you, that's my mistake, my mind must of been playing tricks on me yesterday! I thought the opening posts of this thread was from August, not April! My bad, sorry!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d