Sign in to follow this  
RW1

NVIDIA users:Raise your FPS

Click the windows icon in the bottom left and search "services" http://i.imgur.com/NF1TAXr.png Next open up services and locate "NVIDIA Streamer Service" http://i.imgur.com/JQQmRVr.png Open the service and stop the service if its running then disable the service. http://i.imgur.com/lNvZSyg.png Do all this and hit apply and you'll be able to see a noticeable framerate boost and drop in your cpu usage! i hope this help a couple people out!"

I`m not the original Poster here, just sharing a tweak i found today from EK Waterblocks.

Rick

tpewpb-6.png

Thanks for the tip Rick!

I'll give this a try later on today.

Cheers,

Jerome

Thanks for that heads-up, Rick but I had long stopped that service. I use the Black Viper guide to trim background services to a bare minimum. And I had disabled a few Nvidia services after the last driver update.

Not in my Service log only the Nvdia driver?

but thanks anyway

Thanks for the headsup Rick, just checked, it's enabled on my PC, so I'm going to test if disabling it makes any difference.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

To avoid this service getting installed again next time if you run an NVidia Geforce driver update installer, make sure you only select the NVidia driver only option. Do not select these bloatware items: 3D Vision driver/controller; Nvidia update, GeForce experience, Physics.

Yeah I'm going to try it too… Also I'm considering getting a dedicated audio board since I've heard that using the built-in audio board really taxes the CPU .

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

To avoid this service getting installed again next time if you run an NVidia Geforce driver update installer, make sure you only select the NVidia driver only option. Do not select these bloatware items: 3D Vision driver/controller; Nvidia update, GeForce experience, Physics.

Very good advice. That is precisely what I do.

+1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

No Physics and also no audio driver?

No Physics and also no audio driver?

Not for most users. FSX/P3D do not need Physics and most if not all modern mainboards have on-board sound chips so you do not need the NVidia GPU sound driver.

On Windows 10 Right Click in lower left corner and select Computer Management.and then Services.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

It is using a rather large amount of system resources, I just disabled and testing effect now. Thanks for the tip!

And in an above post, I know Asus ROG boards use their own on-board audio processor, so there is little need to disable audio in this case. Check the specs on your mobo to see if you are so equipped.

So NVIDIA added this service only to lower our framerates by purpose...?

Thanks for any explanation, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

be advised, some may still utilize the service

i believe this feature allows you to stream to TWITCH TV as well as using GeForce ShadowPlay (for recording)