Sign in to follow this  
bönan

JF Fokker F27 released

Could someone please comment on how to open the doors: the procedure is described on page 38 of the manual. Doing so, the opening sound is audible but nothing is visible.

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Guest JustanotherPilot

Could someone please comment on how to open the doors: the procedure is described on page 38 of the manual. Doing so, the opening sound is audible but nothing is visible.

Michael

Michael,

The manual is correct, make sure you are not parked at a fuel gate or the known FSX problem may prevent the doors opening. If you still can't open them JF support is second only to HIFI Sim.

steve s

I would be quite happy taking Rick's HS748, and adding a high quality VC to it.

So would I. But here we are talking about the Fokker 27 by a different developer.

I wasn't implying that I want Rick's HS748 instead of the JustFlight Fokker 27, Louis. Please don't start making faulty assumptions about my comments. This is a discussion forum, not a court of law.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I would be quite happy taking Rick's HS748, and adding a high quality VC to it.

I agree with you there Chistopher.  Even today, Ricks visual  HS748 model is of a high standard.    It would be awesome with a HQ VC

I agree with you there Chistopher.  Even today, Ricks visual  HS748 model is of a high standard.    It would be awesome with a HQ VC

Yeah, indeed. It´s modeling and systems were lightyears ahead of its time. 

Btw. another Fokker I´d like to have represented with today standards is the Fokker F28 Fellowship. There was once the model by Project Fokker, I loved cruising around with that. 

I wasn't implying that I want Rick's HS748 instead of the JustFlight Fokker 27, Louis. Please don't start making faulty assumptions about my comments. This is a discussion forum, not a court of law.

Then perhaps we can stay on-topic? That was my meaning (and you therefore made an incorrect assumption) - the replies that came following your comment immediately skewed the topic. I was hoping to have user corrections and suggestions about the Fokker 27 in this thread, not wishful thinking about non-existent sim models.

The Fokker 27 is so close to being excellent, but it appears that `edges` are missing that might mark this out as superlative. Night lighting, self-shadowing, mentioning fuel trimming in the run up to release only to find it's not simulated, the errors in the .cfg file etc.

If we can focus on the suggestions and issues for this aircraft in this topic there is plenty of scope to discuss 748's and 28's another time. It is a discussion forum. Aeroplane Heaven do have something of a track record in bailing on a project before they can make it truly excellent, so as early-adopters we should make our voices heard before their interest wanes. And JF need to be turning the screws to make their customers happy and on-topic discussions such as these are the means to do it.

I have read several questions about the Dart having reverse props or not. The answer is no. What F27 and HS748 do have is a "ground fine" option - engaging it after touchdown was standard procedure and though the results weren't as dramatic as reverse, it did significantly increase drag at higher runway speeds and resulted in a shorter stopping distance.

Cheers

Ian

Confirm the looping engine sound issue - in my case I hear a distinct 'click' too, when the loop restarts :(

Maybe a combination with other addons? Can't remember that I ever experienced something like this before though

LORBY-SI

Just flight have an Introductory offer valid for the next 48 hours £19.99 / €24.95 / $29.99

ZORAN

Enjoying the challenge of old school nav in a classic aircraft I remember well..

Couple of questions..... On the HSI there does not appear to be a From/To indicator. Also there is a random white arrow head on the HSI outer ring.... I cannot work out the function of this, it does not seem to correspond to either course or heading, nor any nav function I can think of..

Any ideas?  The From/To indication is a vital function for VOR nav.....

chris from oz

Thanks Tony......

Not the usual To/From indication I'm used to..... not quite how that works..... A few test flights are in order to sort it out methinks...

chris

Re my above on the HSI From/To flag....  Test flights done....  It is definitely NOT the small white arrow on the outer circle of the HSI, not sure what that does, but it is related to NAV2/ADF2....

Found a few videos, and although blurry indicate the F27 does have the traditional From/To indicatior on the HSI, in the form of a solid white triangle in the centre, either just above or just below.

This is not present on this aircraft.  Is this a bug or intentional?  As a work-around I can use the green needle (set to NAV 1) on the RMI.

chris from oz

Guest Mik75

I really enjoy flying this plane:

cydkzch7wijsvq8gi.jpg

cydkzn5klgd5wgdhu.jpg

cydkzw214j6j3di6q.jpg

cydl05615zufvxt1u.jpg

cydl0e6eez098h7iq.jpg