Sign in to follow this  
bönan

JF Fokker F27 released

Michael, how did you get your flight instruments panel to illuminate like that? When I've flown it, it remained dark.

Guest Mik75

There are light switches in the down left corner of the overhead.

The pics are from P3D, works like a charm in it!

I tried those switches and I did not get the level of illumination your screenshots show.

Guest Mik75

Do you usw it in FSX or P3D?

I am flying it in P3D 2.5 with HDR on.

Disappointed...

Hi @ll, can't help feeling a little let down by the F27.

My gripes are:

- quite a few interesting controls/systems are not functional or do something else like toggle visual goodies instead (cabin pressure, AP servo switches, weather radar, engine power selector, isolation switch, GPWS, fuel datum trim, de icing (didn't understand the manual if the anti ice is simulated at all, 'something to play with on long flights??'))

- No configuration utility or in-sim-panel, no persistent panel states

- It doesn't interface well with my Saitek switch and multipanel

- I have an annoying sound issue on my system, when the engine sound loop restarts I hear a click - like every few seconds. TrackIR seems to make it worse. The F28 is the only one of my planes that does this - and I bought exactly 79 payware offerings, pretty much everything that is worth having and then some.

- VC is not well modelled throughout, the texturing and objects are rather basic, reminiscent of the Constellation. The circuit breaker panel behind the FO is a blurry mess (of course you will only notice this if you use TrackIR to look around and -feel- the cockpit - but these things kill it for me).

- I hate tooltipps.I don't care for a dev who expects me to rely on them to determine a lever position (HPC)

- (minor) I would have liked at least a basic cabin model, to enjoy the much praised unobstructed passenger view through the large windows

On the plus side are the FPS friendly behaviour and the "hop in and fly" attitude. I just hope the sound thing get's sorted out, seeing I'm not the only one.

Someone talked about "study aircraft" and compared it to the Majestic Q400 - personally, I don't see how these two could fit into the same sentence.

LORBY-SI

I think it's clear by now that only a few developers can or do develop "full aircrafts", specifically ones that model the systems in full.  The price for these is( but not always) the distinguishing factor.  I do purchase JF aircrafts with the idea that 1. no one else has a similar model, and 2. that they are "light".  There are a few bugs, and I am not happy that there are no 2D panels for "aiding" when flying. How does one hand fly and tune the radio without being able to look at the Artificial Horizon is a mystery. Yet, JF expects us to tune radios during approach without any visual instrument cues.  These shows a bit of stubborness or deafness with regard to achieving a balance. 

There was a time when I could use FS Panel Studio to add a few 2d controls. Now it's utterly impossible. This,in my opinion, is not a good trend.

Again, some aircraft may have very robust autopilots, and the need for 2d is less of a requirement. The F27 is clearly not one of those.

The flight model, however, is so good that I hand fly it. And for this, I am glad I bought it.

There are bugs, and the VOR missing to/from flag and the sudden engine acceleration are a serious problem.

tony

I think it's clear by now that only a few developers can or do develop "full aircrafts", specifically ones that model the systems in full. 

True of course. Guess I fell for the hype when people felt so excited about it, and praised JF for leaping forward. I find it a small step back for JF actually, considering the Canberra turned out so well.

LORBY-SI

P3D, and HDR is off. Will try that. Thanks.

Woah - summaries and conclusions aside - Give JF a chance to release a patch guys! ( I hope they do - but like all these things, if it doesn't sell well I cannot see a patch forthcoming - they will move onto the next model).

I guess as a commerical reality there is nothing unusual in that stance.

I bought it after watching a couple of videos and some of the initial feedback, It was reasonably priced and yes, some things about it annoy me, but it is stable and a pretty good model. Just waiting patiently for someone to do a better Paint Job - a more worn looking model as befits the age and please tone down the red in the VC Cockpit. This is just too garish and unrealistic.

True of course. Guess I fell for the hype when people felt so excited about it, and praised JF for leaping forward. I find it a small step back for JF actually, considering the Canberra turned out so well.

Just to be clear, there are several development teams that produce the aircraft that we release under our JF banner. For example the Fokker 27, DC-8 and Viscount are developed for us by Aeroplane Heaven, whereas the Canberra PR9, Tristar and upcoming Tornado GR1 are developed by our in-house development team. Different development teams have their own artistic styles and will model systems at different levels. We aim to make this clear in the product specs (the product page), the screenshots and price point. 

With respect to the F-27, if you haven't already done so please make sure to send any feedback or bug reports to the support team - http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

Martyn - Just Flight

Martyn - Just Flight

Got them working after turning on HDR. I had it switched off as I've read some posts that were negative about using HDR. Now I know I have that option,

Thanks for your h/u.

Hello Everybody. My name is Alex Ford. I’m the Publishing Director at just Flight. I just wanted to post an initial message firstly saying thank you very much for purchasing our new F27 Friendship, secondly its very nice to see that so many of you are enjoying it and thirdly thank you all for your feedback both good and these reporting issues or clarification. We are reading everybody’s comments as far as is humanly possible and we are feeding back any issues so that they can be investigated and if valid addressed. There will be a software update issued for the F27 as soon as its ready, but currently we have no release date for it, however needless to say that its being worked on now with all due attention. I will post here again as things progress.

JF management addressing issues, now that's something you will never see Ceranado do!

Nice to see

ZORAN

Hello Everybody. My name is Alex Ford. I’m the Publishing Director at just Flight. I just wanted to post an initial message firstly saying thank you very much for purchasing our new F27 Friendship, secondly its very nice to see that so many of you are enjoying it and thirdly thank you all for your feedback both good and these reporting issues or clarification. We are reading everybody’s comments as far as is humanly possible and we are feeding back any issues so that they can be investigated and if valid addressed. There will be a software update issued for the F27 as soon as its ready, but currently we have no release date for it, however needless to say that its being worked on now with all due attention. I will post here again as things progress.

Thanks a lot Alex. I'm really enjoying the F27...

Jason Jackett

This aircraft really needs a 2d popup for the radios and the autopilot.

Dale