Sign in to follow this  
bönan

JF Fokker F27 released

whereas the Canberra PR9, Tristar and upcoming Tornado GR1 are developed by our in-house development team.

The Canberra PR9 is absolutely fantastic, cannot get enough of it.

Just to be clear, there are several development teams that produce the aircraft that we release under our JF banner. For example the Fokker 27, DC-8 and Viscount are developed for us by Aeroplane Heaven, whereas the Canberra PR9, Tristar and upcoming Tornado GR1 are developed by our in-house development team. Different development teams have their own artistic styles and will model systems at different levels. We aim to make this clear in the product specs (the product page), the screenshots and price point. 

With respect to the F-27, if you haven't already done so please make sure to send any feedback or bug reports to the support team - http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

Martyn - Just Flight

Hello Martyn,

many thanks for your reply.

I hate to be picky about this, but it doesn't say anywhere that the F27 is not your inhouse development - neither in the release announcement nor on the product page. Or at least my old eyes can't see it. Personally, I would advise against making this distinction, if it is not glaringly obvious in your webshop, for various reasons (...). A note like 'Developed by Aeroplane Heaven who brought you the DC-8 and the Viscount' would be nice.

Support tickets have been filed.

Best regards

Oliver

LORBY-SI

Hello Everybody. It’s Alex Ford from Just Flight again. I just wanted to post an update saying that we have started work on creating a service pack for the F27. We have read and will continue to read all of your feedback and where possible will incorporate it in the update, there are however a few things that are outside the scope of the product. When the SP is ready I will post a list of what’s been addressed. We have no date for the SP’s release yet and we will only release it when it’s fully ready.

In the meantime thank you for all your feedback, it’s great to see so many of you enjoying the F27 and we are especially enjoying all the great looking repaints that are appearing!

Guest JustanotherPilot

Hello Everybody. It’s Alex Ford from Just Flight again. I just wanted to post an update saying that we have started work on creating a service pack for the F27. We have read and will continue to read all of your feedback and where possible will incorporate it in the update, there are however a few things that are outside the scope of the product. When the SP is ready I will post a list of what’s been addressed. We have no date for the SP’s release yet and we will only release it when it’s fully ready.

In the meantime thank you for all your feedback, it’s great to see so many of you enjoying the F27 and we are especially enjoying all the great looking repaints that are appearing!

Good to hear Alex, will the update include a better Paint kit?

Good to hear Alex, will the update include a better Paint kit?

Yes, an improved paint kit will be in the service pack.

Hi all,

I was messing with my F27 today doing a few circuits and trying to work out why the aircraft seems to accelerate as I put the throttles to idle on landing and was a nightmare to taxi..............I have seen similar comments here and elsewhere about the same thing happening to others.

Here is what I found.

I use FSUIPC and have a profile for each different aircraft in my hanger, like many of us probably do. Anyway I was checking through the axis allocations and the axis calibration pages and noticed that there were button allocations for reverse thrust options, "Decrease and Increase Throttle when pressed". Now I know the F27 has no reverse thrust, but somehow having copied the profile from another turboprop aircraft, reverse thrust buttons got in there. So I deleted the allocation and what do you know a beautifully controllable F27. It now stops lovely on the runway and is a pleasure to taxi, all because of a few button allocations which I wasn't actually using and didn't realise had become allocated.

So I am thinking before we criticise the F27 and call out loudly demanding a fix for this and that, maybe we should check thoroughly that it isn't us that is causing the issue ourselves. I now have a very wonderful F27 which is a pleasure to fly by hand.

That's all.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Hello

Has there been an update addressing the above mentioned issues released yet? If I buy the plane now, will the bugs be still present?

Cheers

Csaba

1 hour ago, Libra204 said:

Hello

Has there been an update addressing the above mentioned issues released yet? If I buy the plane now, will the bugs be still present?

Cheers

Csaba

I am pretty sure the anwer is yes. I hadn't used it in a while and recently did a reinstall using the current JF installer. So far I've had no problems with it at all

One of the things that impresses me with Just Flight, is how quickly they seem to update third party downloads, for example, I bought the FlySimWare Learjet 35A from the JF website, and within a matter of a few hours of there being the most recent patch for it announced by FSW, that was also the installation .exe file on my downloadable products page. I should think that would mean the F27 download will be the most recent patched version by now.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Chock said:

One of the things that impresses me with Just Flight

I think there customer service and tech support is one of, if not THE best in the business. They are prompt, friendly and seem to believe in that obsolete idea that "the customer comes first."

This is very enjoyable classic in the sim. Although I could enjoy it more with a little more effort to the VC textures. We´ve had really nice tuning up with many payware planes by the hobbyists; planes like A2A Connie and Strato, CS B-52, Transall.

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 10:42 PM, kiwiflyer45 said:

I think there customer service and tech support is one of, if not THE best in the business. They are prompt, friendly and seem to believe in that obsolete idea that "the customer comes first."

Absolutely agree! In addition to being prompt, friendly and putting the customer first, I would also like to add that Just Flight are patient and polite in the way they deal with the occasional more aggressive customer.

However, to protect their own reputation Just Flight really need to ensure that their developers perform adequate beta testing on new products, so we don't end up with issues such as those that still plague the One-Eleven autopilot 5 months after release. This aircraft is otherwise a wonderful product and it is a pity that an essentially non-functioning autopilot has left it confined to my virtual hanger. I understand that a patch is imminent but a non-functioning autopilot in an airliner such as this really should not have made it beyond the beta stage.

By the way, I agree that the F-27 is now a very good product!

Bill

• Upvote 1

I think there's sometimes a problem with a developer who is also a "distributor." I've noticed it with a lot of companies. They can and usually do take prompt action when there's a problem with an "in-house" product, whereas they often seem to have little to no control over the work of the developer whose product they sell but don't actually "own." In JustFlight's case, it has also resulted in there often being a very big difference in the quality of the products they sell. IMO, their "in-house" products are fabulous, with the Canberra and the Hunter being among the very best aircraft on the market, whereas some of their other stuff produced by "out-house" developers (I couldn't resist that one!) is not always of very good quality...

• Upvote 1