Sign in to follow this  
arnobg

Which single engine is best for me?

I agree. My favorite aircraft in my hanger for sight seeing (and well, for everything) is a low wing job: the DA20 by Marcel Felde.  The huge bubble canopy, low dash, and slender wings make for excellent vision, and it's slow enough to be able to get a good look at everything.  However, it's also likely the most involved (within FSX) when it comes to walk-arounds and maintenance in a small GA aircraft, so I'd have trouble recommending it to the OP since it sounds like in-depth isn't desired.

I see Alabeo has a DA40.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I would not rule out A2A.  It was designed for both entry level and experienced simmers.  For example, you can turn off the maintenance features, auto-start through the shift-3 window, then go full throttle and off you go.  It's that simple, if that's what you're looking for.  You will also enjoy the great modeling, flight dynamics, sounds and general overall goodness that many other developers haven't yet matched.  A2A can be used by anyone, at whatever complexity they choose.

Another vote for the RealAir Legacy. High quality, very detailed textures and a great flight model - high speed touring at its best. Not worth investing the extra money in A2A GA unless you really want to use all of the extra functions (they're almost twice the price of the Legacy).

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I would not rule out A2A.  It was designed for both entry level and experienced simmers.  For example, you can turn off the maintenance features, auto-start through the shift-3 window, then go full throttle and off you go.  It's that simple, if that's what you're looking for.  You will also enjoy the great modeling, flight dynamics, sounds and general overall goodness that many other developers haven't yet matched.  A2A can be used by anyone, at whatever complexity they choose.

I will say that I like the A2A C182 and it's been a long time since I've flown one RW (so I could be wrong).  I do remember that, if the C172 handled like a car, the C182 handled like a van but I feel like the FDE on the A2A bird feels more like a bus and also feels more difficult to stabilize on the approach than I remember.  Also, I thought that landing the real 182 was somewhat easier...bleed off the power and ease it down.  Any other RW 182 pilots out there have any thoughts?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Baytower RV7?

This is what I was going to say. FSX only, but only 25 bucks.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I will say that I like the A2A C182 and it's been a long time since I've flown one RW (so I could be wrong).  I do remember that, if the C172 handled like a car, the C182 handled like a van but I feel like the FDE on the A2A bird feels more like a bus and also feels more difficult to stabilize on the approach than I remember.  Also, I thought that landing the real 182 was somewhat easier...bleed off the power and ease it down.  Any other RW 182 pilots out there have any thoughts?

The trim was not very responsive on the A2A I do not know if they fixed that.

I just watched this AirDailyX stream with the Orbx Victa AirTourer.  Slowish, great views, FSX/P3D.  Has a small GPS.

https://youtu.be/N5AQxZbS1aA?t=649

Gregg Seipp

The trim was not very responsive on the A2A I do not know if they fixed that.

You can adjust that in the aircraft,cfg file:

elevator_trim_limit     =19.50000                 //Degrees  *** fix for trim wheel speed ***

Bert