Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

FO stops speaking

10 mins into my flight and the FO stops speaking, he still performs his flows and still responds to my commands but i can't hear him?

Vernon Howells

Open up the config panel when he stops talking and try an audio test. Do you get the sample playing?

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Have you got the 'HS' option enabled. correct device selected in the config etc etc?

Give us a bit more information Vernon, was it working beforehand and then just stopped suddenly. Tried restarting the sim/windows? tried it in another aircraft? (if you have it)

there are a ton of parameters here!

Neil Andrews.

It was working then it stopped! Well i'm doing a flight and on vatsim so i'll need to restart everything later!

HS is enabled!

Vernon Howells

ahh I see. I'm pretty sure it'll work when you restart FSX again. I know you're on VATSIM but you could always just save the flight as Default and restart FSX. If you're in a cruise no one would worry about you disconnecting for a minute or so.

Could be a windows issue, sound driver issue, FSX issue or indeed an FS2Crew issue, it's hard to tell.

but "turning it off and on again" are words to live by ;)

Neil Andrews.

Hi Bryan; Could you advise what to do with fs2crew 777 panel for the following problems;

1. All announcements for (FA, GRD, BRF) section sound levels remain to low even when adjusting it at the panel and on the computer.

2. When initiating the fs2crew events the FOs voice its not heard until I prompt "preflight checklist". It is then I can hear the FO reply clearly on my headset but replies with "captain please set parking break". The parking break its already set and has being like so for a while to allow GSX do its thing. I have attempted to reply with "parking break set", "parking break On" or "Set" at the moment when asked and no reply or further actions takes place or don't advance through the remaining checklist.

3. Once activated the panel and appears on screen cannot panel hide (either pressing the same key or fsx close window) nor cannot minimize to fit it to view it entirely on the screen..1st choice

4. Same effect for the (take off & approach) briefings panels as listed on #3.

5. After takeoff and following the route, the program freezes in mid air but sounds still remains running.

I hope I placed this issues at the right6 spot, if not my apologies. Trying to understand how to handle the forum.

Att.

Your audio hardware probably momentarily disconnected from your system, causing the FS2Crew audio system to lose its connection as well.

You can reset the system in game by cycling the VOICE button.

Hi 1,

1. Volume's are always subjective, but I use this:

Windows Volume 100 percent.

Speaker Volume (knob on Speaker) - Normal level.

2. Are you speakers in the Windows control panel set to "Stereo" in the properties page?

3. Press the "LK" button on the FS2Crew Main Panel.  They are "locked" into the open positive otherwise they'll auto close when you change camera views.

5. Hard to guess.  I'd try re-installing the PMDG 777 cleanly.  Reports of program freezes are almost non existent on our user base which is in the 1000s.