Sign in to follow this  
stufer

Turning off NE in specific areas - Earth Simulations

Hello

I absolutely love Night Environment British Isles - it has transformed flying over photo scenery for me.

Could you tell me if it is possible to disable it for specific regions please? I am thinking mostly about the high detail areas made by Earth Simulations that I have: Isles of Scilly, Isle of Man, Alderney and Guernsey.

ES provide a very nice night lighting for their areas and the lights from NE don't fit well with it. They don't appear to cause a ground effect and the amount of light glow effects seem too many for these areas.

Also, while I'm here (and this is unrelated to my previous question), I seem to be having a small problem with UK2000 airports hiding the lights up close to them. At Heathrow for example, there is quite a wide area of photo scenery just to the north of the airport that isn't lit by NE. This is using VFR airfields volume 1 (tried both versions 1 and 2 and it is the same) rather than the Xtreme version. I could see the same at London City. Is UK2000 excluding them somehow and is there a possible remedy for this?

Thanks

Stu.

Stuart Furley

Hi Stu,

with NE v1.x there's no way to segregate specific areas; with NE v2 it could be made possible,

as for your second question; you could manually deactivate some of UK2000 night layers in the areas you have the conflict with NE;

UK2K isn’t excluding these; Gary is simply producing a higher LOD for the night layer there;

FSX will automatically use the higher LOD available, (if not manually deactivated)

also consider that we keep a wide buffer area around all airports perimeters,

we do this to keep the airport available and free from lights for airport scenery developers

Hi Chris

Thank you for your reply. I see, so is there an NE v2 available for the UK at the moment or in the near future? No worries if not, It's easy enough to switch it on and off as I need to in the scenery library, depending on where I'm flying.

Also, understood about the airport perimeter - yes I think it must just be the buffer zone that I'm seeing. Probably on the Xtreme version of Heathrow, all of the lighting there is taken care of by the airport. That makes sense and thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Cheers

Stu.

Stuart Furley

with pleasure Stu

just to clarify; there is no British Isles v2 yet, (a new v1.7 will be made available shortly though)

we plan on slowly converting exiting regions to v2 one by one;

v2 is a whole new ball game and requires allot of work; will take quite some time to complete each region to v2 standards,

but it is very rewarding when it’s completed and completely changes the rules

we been working on our first v2 for well over a year with NE France project (should be released any day now)

we decided to run Paris as a separate standalone city that can be fully configured through our new manager as a region on its own; unrelated to the rest of France settings

Sounds fantastic Chris. Looking forward to seeing what version 2 brings as they get released. I'll have to check out France.

Cheers

Stu

Stuart Furley

we been working on our first v2 for well over a year with NE France project (should be released any day now)

Chris, this is good news.  I have been waiting patiently (well not really so patiently) for this one and plan on buying it soon after release.

Hi PDX

testing been completed and final installer approved;

literally any day now; i was sure it was coming out this weekend,