Sign in to follow this  
Iggy674

G1000

Trying to use the FSX Beech Baron G58 (Steam/Windows 8.1): how can I set the MFD map to North Up?

I don't think it offers this feature. If it was there, the MENU button or the AUX page would allow for some extra configs but those things aren't around in the FSX G1000 coming with the Baron.

Forgot to add, there might be a way if you can handle the xml code: In the gauges folder, you will find a g1000.cab which contains the sim's G1000 rendition.

Once you extract it, there's the mfd.xml and MFD_Baron.xml file which can be edited of course and might contain the setting for the map orientation.

If you backup the original file, you are free to experiment and the sim doesn't need a cab file to run the gauge but can perform the gauge calls from the extracted folder with the correct name ('g1000').

Thank you. I'll show it to a friendly techie and see if it can be done.

I tried the above XML hack and it does produce a north up map, but the airplane symbol is stuck facing north. It needs some code to rotate it but I haven't figured that part out.

Barry Friedman