Sign in to follow this  
IanHarrison

No progression on menu

Sorry if I am being silly.

My Voice control 737 seems to be set up correctly: it is the US English v8, and when I start the plane I set it up in 2d mode.

The Voice button is on and if I speak, the words appear on the green bar.

BUT once the checklists appear, they do not progress automatically, as the commands cease to be answered by the FO

after the initial "lets set up" message.

It sticks at Pre-flight checklist.

I must be doing something wrong but I cannot see what.

Ian Harrison

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

you ask for "Pre-Flight Checklist" and nothing happens?

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

That's exactly what (doesn't) happen..

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I told you it was something silly.

My manual is printed out in black and white to save money. So I saw in the left hand window 'Preflight' in white and did not realise this was not the 'Preflight checklist'!

Today I waited and about 3/4 minutes later the window changed to <pf/Main> in orange and then it all worked as per the manual.

Phew, what a relief.

Maybe not quite!

I installed the new PMDG 737 update 'd,' re-installed FS2Crew and now nothing I do will let me talk to the ground crew. If I try to install SP1c it tells me I can't without uninstalling the 737 and reinstalling the earlier version.

Up to that point all was working fine, even auto (pronounced as 'awe-toe') was understood.

If I try to jump ahead to start the engines, I get the SDK error message.

What must I do to fix this?

Ian

Remember to talk to the ground crew your audio panel needs to be setup correctly:

See this:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=pushback___start_crew_dialogues

The Config Managers warning about SP1C you can ignore since you have SP1D.  Just click okay.

SDK message:  You're probably using saved situation files.

Never used saved flights.

You can manually advance the mode if you like using the arrow buttons on the Main Panel to skip around.

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=pmdg_737_ngx4

Hi Bryan,

Now I am a very happy chappy!

I was doing everything as per the manual and the pointers you gave above. It seems that it was those 2 lines that go into the .ini file that made the difference.

I can talk to everyone now and they reply.

Now if only I can get the word 'on' recognised, then that will be everything working as it should.

Many, many thanks for your patience and help.

Ian