Sign in to follow this  
BobKK47

Feelthere Embraer Phenom 100-FLC mode?

I'm looking for a Embraer Phenom VLJ for FSX.

The Carenado version of this aircraft looks nice but it does not have a working FLC (Flight Level Change)mode (it has an FLC button on the autopilot but it functions like an autothrottle-not realistic) nor does it utilize FADEC, which the real Phenom does.

I was looking at the Wilco Feelthere version of this aircraft and IT DOES have a working FADEC system.  But I could not find any information as to whether or not it has a functioning FLC mode.

Can anyone who has this aircraft advise if it does have a realistic FLC mode and otherwise, what your opinion is regarding this aircraft.

Thanks very much for any information.

Yes, the feelThere Phenom has a working FLC mode.  It also has CSC (Cruise speed control) and TCS (Touch Control Steering).  I find the autopilot quite complete, only the VNV mode is a hard-wired three-degree descent rather than a path descent between waypoints.

As you say, it has a FADEC which works as well.

It's not as drop-dead gorgeous as the Carenado model, but I find the graphics adequate and for me the autopilot more than makes up for it.  After all, its quite an old model (FS9 conversion?) and shows it with several 2D popups and a configurator which runs outside FSX.  On the other hand it has a good manual with detailed system descriptions and a tutorial flight, which you can find online if you google "feelthere phenom manual".

Also on the minus side the displays are less functional than the Carenado's, with no inset map or backup engine page on the PFD, no system synoptics, TAWS or weather radar on the MFD.  While both FMS's are skins for the default FSX GPS, the Carenado lets you modify the flight plan (add or remove waypoints) while the feelThere does not.  You can of course go DTO on both.

Basically its swings and roundabouts, but I personally find the feelThere version more satisfying to fly, mostly because all the systems you really need work as expected.  I'm working on and off on a replacement autopilot for the Carenado which would give the best of both worlds, but that's another story!

I'm working on and off on a replacement autopilot for the Carenado which would give the best of both worlds, but that's another story!

..... now that would be good.   Can u fix all the Caerenado jets ?  That would be awesome....   

aero

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Yes, the feelThere Phenom has a working FLC mode.  It also has CSC (Cruise speed control) and TCS (Touch Control Steering).  I find the autopilot quite complete, only the VNV mode is a hard-wired three-degree descent rather than a path descent between waypoints.

As you say, it has a FADEC which works as well.

It's not as drop-dead gorgeous as the Carenado model, but I find the graphics adequate and for me the autopilot more than makes up for it.  After all, its quite an old model (FS9 conversion?) and shows it with several 2D popups and a configurator which runs outside FSX.  On the other hand it has a good manual with detailed system descriptions and a tutorial flight, which you can find online if you google "feelthere phenom manual".

Also on the minus side the displays are less functional than the Carenado's, with no inset map or backup engine page on the PFD, no system synoptics, TAWS or weather radar on the MFD.  While both FMS's are skins for the default FSX GPS, the Carenado lets you modify the flight plan (add or remove waypoints) while the feelThere does not.  You can of course go DTO on both.

Basically its swings and roundabouts, but I personally find the feelThere version more satisfying to fly, mostly because all the systems you really need work as expected.  I'm working on and off on a replacement autopilot for the Carenado which would give the best of both worlds, but that's another story!

Thanks very much for that detailed review.

I wish that this aircraft could utilize Navigraph data to keep the FMS current.   There are a few Wilco planes that can but I don't think this is one of them.

Can u fix all the Caerenado jets ?

No.

(1) I've got to finish this first, which may be never

(2) Didn't buy another Carenado....

The P100 you're talking about here is standalone feelThere; Wilco was not involved (which is a good thing, IMHO).

The fTh version also has a takeoff configuration check implemented, triggered by a pushbutton.

For missing systems like weather radar and TAWS I installed "4th party gauges" like the TAWS made my dbssim. It replaces the right-hand side PFD (just an overlay of the 2D popup in the 2D cockpit), as I usually only need one PFD for flying.   :P

I've liked the fTh version even more since the community started discussing the Carenado version.   B)

FLC does work.

the plane is a 'lite' version so not all systems are modeled.  the FMC is just the default FS GPS/flightplanner with a 'visual shell' to make is look like the Phenom's.

FYI - Wilco was not involved in the Phenom project.  Wilco is just one of many places, including directly from feelThere, you can purchase the plane.

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

The Feelthere Phenom is lightyears ahead of the Carenado (I own both). Clearly the texturing isn't as nice as Carenado's but in every other area - systems, flight model, sounds, autopilot - it's superior.

Lovely hand flyer, and as above, FLC works perfectly, as does FADEC.