Sign in to follow this  
anthonye

430/530 Nearest Functon

I must be doing something wrong here. I have tried to get to the nearest airport page, I followed the manual and it does not seems to show a list of airports, just one.

In the manual it shows a list that you could scroll down through to pick one. Is this because I am using the fsx database, and not the addon one

Occasionally the 530 locks up, with no control over it, with this as well would it be a bad install.

Anthony

A bad install is when there are files missing, otherwise... it's seriously unlikely to be a 'bad install'.

If a GNS is locking up, sounds like a configuration mistake in the panel.cfg file.

I'm currently loaded in at KJYO and I see multiple airports listed.  You didn't mention where you were when you looked at the list.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I'm using the A2A 182 and 172 using their preset panel config App for their aircraft, not any panel config of mine.

I am at EGTE Exeter UK, there are a few airports airports within about 40mile radius, but when I go to the nav map it then flicks to the 4th page after clicking r/h button it  just shows Exeter full info of the airport. There is no list of other airports in the close area that can be scrolled though to pick one. 

I'm Obviously doing something wrong.

As far as the locking of the 530, it runs fine for about 20mins or so then the display is not updated and all buttons do not function, it will only flip between the panel and the popup.

Anthony  

Ok... just so we're on the same 'page' per se... these units are used all over the planet in real training systems.  They don't exhibit the issues you're stating for all of these locations.  If they did, we'd definitely hear about it.

So... you have something, are doing something or there is something that is causing the actual problem and it is not the 430 nor the 530 unit itself.

I know you stated "I'm Obviously doing something wrong."  I don't know that for certain... but I want to lay the groundwork that the units themselves are not broken code.

I need to see the panel.cfg contents.

To access the NRST pages you have to rotate the outer right knob until you see the NRST group display.  NRST is not a function of the NAV pages.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Looks like I am doing it wrong pushing the wrong button to get nearest, will get back...........

I had a look at one of the garmins training videos

won't let me paste the link here

Anthony

Yes that was it, not using the r/h button correctly. 

Perhaps I need a "quick tips functions manual" as well as the manuals.

Sorry about being stupid and thick.............

Anthony

Uh... 'stupid and thick' are my family motto... :smile:

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69