Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

Is it Possible to Use 4 Saitek Autopilot Panels Simultaneously?

My taxes are filed and I'm waiting for the $ roll in.  I currently have one Saitek Autopilot panel.  I want to add 3 more so I have independent panels for IAS, HDG, ALT, V/S.  I don't like having to turn the knob to switch between modes.  Can I run 4 panels at once?

My taxes are filed and I'm waiting for the $ roll in.  I currently have one Saitek Autopilot panel.  I want to add 3 more so I have independent panels for IAS, HDG, ALT, V/S.  I don't like having to turn the knob to switch between modes.  Can I run 4 panels at once?

Why not just get one of these...

http://www.cockpitphd.com/plug-play/cp737mcp.html or

Or this one on mycockpit.org for $300 inc shipping

http://www.mycockpit.org/mcpclass/showproduct.php/product/2206/title/new-boeing-737-mcp/cat/1

DSC_0874121.jpg

DSC_0874121_1.jpg

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Oh my!  That looks amazing.  Nice to see it works with the NGX as well.  Does it work fine with lite planes like CLS and Just Flight?

Also, can you post the brand and model on the second link?  It won't let me view it because I'm not registered.  Will they work in FS9 as well?

Oh my!  That looks amazing.  Nice to see it works with the NGX as well.  Does it work fine with lite planes like CLS and Just Flight?

Also, can you post the brand and model on the second link?  It won't let me view it because I'm not registered.  Will they work in FS9 as well?

I would think they would work fine with those planes as well. As for the brand Im not sure I did talk to the guy who makes them and he seemed very nice. Join mycockpit.org its been an asset to me in my project to build a 777/737 home cockpit.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I would think they would work fine with those planes as well. As for the brand Im not sure I did talk to the guy who makes them and he seemed very nice. Join mycockpit.org its been an asset to me in my project to build a 777/737 home cockpit.

Thanks, David.  I'll join the site and have a look.  I also found CP flight who makes exact replicas of the 737, 747 and Airbus panels but very expensive.

I think I'll go with one of the units you posted, but the rest will be built around the Saitek modules (less $).  I plan to get the radio, several instrument displays, and the switch panel.

I contacted Saitek about using multiple autopilot units and they said it won't work.  Only the Instrument Display will work if you use more than one.

Thanks, David. I'll join the site and have a look. I also found CP flight who makes exact replicas of the 737, 747 and Airbus panels but very expensive.

I think I'll go with one of the units you posted, but the rest will be built around the Saitek modules (less $). I plan to get the radio, several instrument displays, and the switch panel.

I contacted Saitek about using multiple autopilot units and they said it won't work. Only the Instrument Display will work if you use more than one.

Somthing you may want to also look at is Goflight parts on ebay. I've done very well buying stuff off there. I got one of their $750 737 yokes for $350 and a $1200 radio panel for $450 along with some other insanely cheap deals. New all their stuff is over priced but used on ebay it's great quality and all their parts are all metal and last forever. If you do have an issue they have a flat rate repair fee which includes return shipping. The highest it'll ever be is $75 for thier big parts on $25 for modules. Plus they offer replacement parts for everything if you are mechanically incline. The support is great aswell I had an issue with my used yoke and the guy stayed on the phone with me for two hours trying to fix the problem they even and put the guy who builds them on the phone and allowed me to open it up without voiding the warrenty.In the end I had to send it in but they fixed it for free. It's a great company!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hardware Controllers & Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

David gave some great advice, start collecting Goflight Modules on Ebay.

These things are built like trucks and while expensive new, buying them second hand gets you some really nice hardware at a good price.

These units are in a different league to the Saitek panels.

I doubt this would workm certainly with the Saitek drivers - for the outputs to work I'd say you would need to be running four independent copies. Perhaps you could get the inputs to work with some combination of SPAD, FSUIPC and LINDA.

Or you could stick with the VC displays and use one of my autopilot panels :)

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Somthing you may want to also look at is Goflight parts on ebay. I've done very well buying stuff off there. I got one of their $750 737 yokes for $350 and a $1200 radio panel for $450 along with some other insanely cheap deals. New all their stuff is over priced but used on ebay it's great quality and all their parts are all metal and last forever. If you do have an issue they have a flat rate repair fee which includes return shipping. The highest it'll ever be is $75 for thier big parts on $25 for modules. Plus they offer replacement parts for everything if you are mechanically incline. The support is great aswell I had an issue with my used yoke and the guy stayed on the phone with me for two hours trying to fix the problem they even and put the guy who builds them on the phone and allowed me to open it up without voiding the warrenty.In the end I had to send it in but they fixed it for free. It's a great company!

Thanks for the info, David.  I love it when companies stand firmly behind their products. 

One of the main reason I wanted to go Saitek (I already have one autopilot module, rudder, yoke, throttle) is I didn't want my "cockpit" to resemble any real world cockpit because I fly all kinds of tubes.  

Lately I've really been enjoying the NGX, and just last week I thought about building a 737 cockpit within the next year or two just for the NGX.

The ability to use the Go Flight with FS2004 is another big plus for me.

For now, I will be getting the rest of the Saitek modules due to cost.  I'm in a bit of a rush as well because I'm hoping to have everything completed by the time the new CLS DC-10 is released.  The DC-10 is my all time favorite plane.  The biggest hit will be the instrument displays.  I'm going to be getting 4 of them and set them up like the real DC-10.

I'll remember to check ebay as soon as I'm ready to build the NGX cockpit.

Thanks again for your help.

David gave some great advice, start collecting Goflight Modules on Ebay.

These things are built like trucks and while expensive new, buying them second hand gets you some really nice hardware at a good price.

These units are in a different league to the Saitek panels.

Thanks Glynn.  I'm going with the rest of the Saitek stuff for now for the reasons I posted above on my reply to David.  They're just that much cheaper for me, even compared to used Goflight units.  I know I will eventually graduate to the Goflight stuff for the NGX.

I doubt this would workm certainly with the Saitek drivers - for the outputs to work I'd say you would need to be running four independent copies. Perhaps you could get the inputs to work with some combination of SPAD, FSUIPC and LINDA.

Or you could stick with the VC displays and use one of my autopilot panels :)

Thanks Mark.  I'm just not good at all with configuring SPAD and FSUIPC.  I tried SPAD before but it didn't work out as well as the Saitek drivers.

You have a beautiful cockpit on your vid.  Where can I find info on your panels?

Where can I find info on your panels?

Have a look at my support forum, or here's the YouTube playlist with info on the panels. I'm hoping to have a slightly better web site for the panels soon.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro