Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Australian Tour 5: Bi-Planes over the Blue Mountains

Australian Tour 5: Bi-Planes over the Blue Mountains

Starting from Blayney Airfarmers the route is over the Blue Mountains of New South Wales and finishes at Camden. This tour features 9 landings, 1 wpt ( three sisters ), 6 grass strips, 3 tarmac. superb scenery, and challenging runways.

ICAO Destination                    NM   HDG°
YZAF Blayney Airfarmers
YBTH Bathurst                         24   065°
YZCY Chifley                          27   088°
YZFP Frank's Place                  3   179°
YZCX Cox's River                     5   180°
YZMS Marsden Swamp             5   239°
YKAT Katoomba Airstrip          11   091°
WP1 Three Sisters                   4   159°
YZPH Pinnical Homestead         6   248°
YHOX Hoxton Park                  33  107°
YSCN Camden                       11   213°

Pilots should have OZx (updated through v3.4) installed as well as OZx libraries (v1.0 and v1.1). You can get all the OZx sceneries here. In addition, you probably should install Anthony Lynch's freeware Aussie Airports, a package of 33 airports. You can get Anthony Lynch's freeware sceneries here.

For flying in Australia, the textures of Orbx Global will do nicely. But owners of Orbx Australia will want that installed because it provides more varied textures and also better landclass and autogen.

Choose your favorite bi-plane from your hangar. Suggested aircraft include, tigermoth, stearman, Waco, staggerwing or similar (such as the Antonov AN2 :rolleyes: ). If you do not have a bi-plane in your hanger you should consider Anthony Lynch's wonderful freeware De Havilland Tiger Moth DH-82A pictured below over Katoomba airstrip which can be downloaded here.

tiger%2Bmoth.jpg

Participation
Time: Saturday May 2, 2015. 18:00 UTC
(Note change in time to accommodate Daylight/Summer Time.)
Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Multiplayer FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak)
The digital flightplan (in FSX format) and is available from the DropBox location here.
Please post your aircraft details in the MP spreadsheet so that we can see you in your true colors.

Posted on behalf of Roger Brooke

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

This looks to be great fun. Thanks.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Really looking forward to this. The highlight of my week so far has been washing ver-de-gris off my garden fence! Yeah, I know. :rolleyes:

I've been flying the Ant's Tiger Moth, still good after all these years. I've downloaded the freeware Stearman, parts of the virtual cockpit don't turn up for duty. Uninstalled/binned. I've also bought the Golden age simulation's Stearman...jury's still out on that. Might get a refund,(Flight1) it's showing it's age. I've also tried the staggerwing(can't see bugger all out of it!) I think I've whittled it down to the Alabeo Waco. Pretty, sounds good, don't know what a real one flies like so I can't moan about that!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

think I've whittled it down to the Alabeo Waco. Pretty, sounds good, don't know what a real one flies like so I can't moan about that!

Not to worry Ron, the rest of us will be moaning about how you fly the Waco :rolleyes:

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

A good flight marred by my having 'issues' of the slideshow variety. Still, despite Roger's best efforts I managed to land most of the airfields OK. :P

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.