Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

An alternative to FSRecorder for FSX:SE? any chance?

Hi there, is there any alternative to FSRecorder for FSX Steam Edition (or P3D)?

In my system I've installed only FSX Steam Edition, no FSX no P3D.

The author in its own forum said has no time to develop a new version for Steam/P3D. But someone told FSRecorder 1.3 works quite fine with some limitation. I wouldn't want to arm my system so ask you which are these limitations and if are there problem installing 1.3 on a single FSX:SE configuration.

Alternatively, is there any freeware/payware software (or W.I.P.) to substitute FSRecorder?

Thanks so much in advance.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Hi there, is there any alternative to FSRecorder for FSX Steam Edition (or P3D)?

In my system I've installed only FSX Steam Edition, no FSX no P3D.

The author in its own forum said has no time to develop a new version for Steam/P3D. But someone told FSRecorder 1.3 works quite fine with some limitation. I wouldn't want to arm my system so ask you which are these limitations and if are there problem installing 1.3 on a single FSX:SE configuration.

Alternatively, is there any freeware/payware software (or W.I.P.) to substitute FSRecorder?

Thanks so much in advance.

Hello Ricardo,

sorry to say there is no such thing than FSRecorder for FSX. The limitations are quite subtle. If you like to record for ex a formation flight then you will notice that the aircraft you follow will shake n wiggle.

But you should try for yourself as FSRecorder will not harm your sim. I tried it in P3D2 which is my only sim and it worked in its basic function very good. But in my vids im using the built in recorder of P3D2 and it observer management combined with EZOK.

Dont ask me about FSX:SE as i idont have it.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Thanks so much Mickey.

I only need to save and replay videos, no flying formation or other stuff. Or simply use FSRecorder replay than FSX:SE one. Always in combination with EZCA, TrackIR and Fraps.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

There are a number of screen/game recorders out there. A lot of people use Fraps. though I've found that fraps introduces out of sinc sound that progressively worsens. Making it an entire day's work to put together a half hour video. Bandicam is good though it records only in 32bit sound so sound can sometimes seem a bit distorted.

I need FSRecorder similar, no screen recorder. I use Bandicam and Fraps too.

Riccardo

But it's a screen recorder. FSRecorder save FSX internal data and can playback them, this is a big difference with a screen recorder.

Riccardo

But it's a screen recorder. FSRecorder save FSX internal data and can playback them, this is a big difference with a screen recorder.

Then FSRecorder is the best and only you can get if just ant to replay your flight. The replay can be saved of course :)

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

I installed 1.331 but everytime I record (1, 2, 1/4, 1/8 sec) I always get stuttering every second fraction. Any help to solve it?

And when I launch FSX:SE I get a warning incompatibility message.

It's a shame, but I've uninstalled it.

Riccardo

I installed 1.331 but everytime I record (1, 2, 1/4, 1/8 sec) I always get stuttering every second fraction. Any help to solve it?

And when I launch FSX:SE I get a warning incompatibility message.

It's a shame, but I've uninstalled it.

Hello Ricardo,

the warning is normal but the stuttering is not. But with the stuttering i cant help you out sorry.

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

Thanks so much Mickey.

I only need to save and replay videos, no flying formation or other stuff. Or simply use FSRecorder replay than FSX:SE one. Always in combination with EZCA, TrackIR and Fraps.

It was my impression based on your description in the post at the top that you might only require a video recorder.

Hope you find an alternative to FSRecorder that can also record FS internal data. :smile:

GaryGB

I can't understand which FSX differencies make FSRecorder not working in FSX Steam. It's a shame this program can't work properly. Again there no chance we can get a new version for Steam.

Riccardo