Sign in to follow this  
tanker

MU-2B Cold Start

Sorry Joe, was following the "realworld" procedures from my "Marquise" AFM. It referred to the 50% number.

Don't want to confuse anyone.

Will let you handle these questions from now on. :-)

Loving the "Mits"

Thank You

Best,

David

apologies gang. misread my mu2 Marquise manual

on shutdown, move power levers to reverse as engine decelerates toward 50%

Sorry again for the confusion everyone.

Have Fun!

David

Is anyone still using this addon? I purchased it yesterday and I'm having problems starting the engine(s). I am doing exactly the same as the dude in the video below.

I have tried all the tips and tricks provided by you in this thread, including reinstalling the addon, but nothing helps. It just won't start.

When pressing (and holding) the start button (the one that lights up) the (right) engine RPM goes up to 1200 after a few seconds the starter disengages and then nothing. Any help on the issue would be much appreciated.

This is the video that I have been using:

2 hours ago, Wadena said:

Is anyone still using this addon? I purchased it yesterday and I'm having problems starting the engine(s). I am doing exactly the same as the dude in the video below.

I have tried all the tips and tricks provided by you in this thread, including reinstalling the addon, but nothing helps. It just won't start.

When pressing (and holding) the start button (the one that lights up) the (right) engine RPM goes up to 1200 after a few seconds the starter disengages and then nothing. Any help on the issue would be much appreciated.

This is the video that I have been using:

If you followed this startup engine tutorial and still having issues download the user manual and go to section 6 for start locks. I am sure your locks are not correct.

https://www.flysimware.com/website/help/MITSUBISHI_MU-2B-60_Manual.zip

I downloaded the manual and read it before installing the addon. And as it says in section 6 it is the same information that I can click and read in-game. And after performing each step in the startup sequence I "verify" the locked position by pressing shift+2.

On 7/13/2018 at 5:55 PM, Wadena said:

I downloaded the manual and read it before installing the addon. And as it says in section 6 it is the same information that I can click and read in-game. And after performing each step in the startup sequence I "verify" the locked position by pressing shift+2.

That is good you know that. Then i would ask if you have your default saved flight is saved with all systems off? If so jump in a default plane and turn on all systems and engines running then jump into the MU and select cold start and follow the instructions. Sounds like your fuel valve is off if you do not start after following the video. This is just a test as i write a code to make sure the fuel valve is always on if there is no switch. Also make sure the mixture/conditioner lever is all the way into the start position.

Since everyone else can start can you make a video of what your doing to further investigate the issue.

Edited by Flysimware

I was just setting up to make a video. I reinstalled the addon (again) and was ready to reproduce the "problem" and record the procedure, but then the engine started (of course)... So problem solved. Don't know how, but it's working. Now the problem is my Flight1 GTN 750 won't show up in the 3D panel/VCP (it's working on all my other addons). Any tips as to what may be causing the GTN to not show? (it works in the 2D "pop up").

Nevermind, my bad. I had selected the wrong aircraft. Thank you for the support and a great product!

Good news - following the instructions here I am able to get the MU-2 to start.  In particular I load a default P3D aircraft first and start from all systems off.

Bad news - before start the throttle levers on my CH Quadrant work fine - smooth and the aircraft throttle stays where I put it.  HOWEVER, once I start the engine the throttle on the screen hunts between ground idle and reverse while the beta range light for that engine flickers on and off in time with it.  If I try to give it full throttle the aircraft levers drop back to reverse.  All this of course makes it impossible to taxi let alone fly the aircraft.
I'm using CH Elite yoke, the quadrant and CH pedals.  I'm not using FSUIPC nor the CH software.

Any ideas because this doesn't happen with any other twin I've tried?

EDIT:  I'm using a fresh install of P3Dv5

Edited by Malcolm Street
Additional information.

To unlock the throttle you need to go shortly in reverse...

Gérard

• Like 1

On 5/2/2020 at 7:16 PM, gaab said:

To unlock the throttle you need to go shortly in reverse...

Gérard

If I go into reverse the throttle lever stays steady, and then when I move it forward it starts hunting again.

3 hours ago, Malcolm Street said:

If I go into reverse the throttle lever stays steady, and then when I move it forward it starts hunting again.

As an experiment, try loading the default F-35A onto the runway and make sure the engine is running and all systems on. Then switch to the MU-2 with the throttles and conditions levers set at mid-range and see if the throttles act normal. If you still see the same problem with the throttles, move them briefly into reverse and then forward again.

Al

Edited by ark

Hi Malcom, if using FSUIPC; make sure to double check that you have no axis

assignments on controls in FSX/P3Dv.X. If just using controlsin flightsim, double check all your axis.  I have had this happen when I accidentally assigned the throttle axis on my rudder pedals too.

Best,

David

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the replies.

1.  I'm not using FSUIPC - I have given up on it after it caused too many problems with an A2A C182 and the PMDG 747

2.  Re. ark's experiment - looks like it's cracked it.  If I load the F35 or another core aircraft, start the engine then switch to the MU2 the latters' throttles behave fine.  If I leave the F35 without engine, then switch to the MU2, I can start it correctly ***on the first attempt***.  What I've found is that the MU2 seems to be very sensitive to initial conditions.  I'd tried earlier loading what I thought was a default aircraft (AC11) but could never get stable running so it appears that some aircraft are more default than others 😉

If I try to start the MU2 again, I either get the dancing throttles or one engine won't start.  I can indeed get the throttles to behave if I put them in reverse, although I had to set up a separate throttle axis to do this.

Basically simpler to make SOP load F35, then load MU2, and if I want to restart the MU2 reload the F35.

Ta muchly!  It's a delight to fly. 

On 5/18/2020 at 3:24 AM, Malcolm Street said:

If I try to start the MU2 again, I either get the dancing throttles or one engine won't start.  I can indeed get the throttles to behave if I put them in reverse, although I had to set up a separate throttle axis to do this.

The reason your having issues is because you have not learned how the start locks work. Has nothing to do with what default plane is loaded. The throttles will not move forward because we are trying to simulate realism. And if the props are sitting flat then you can't move forward. So we prevented you from moving forward. And due to limitations this will cause the throttle levers to not move forward but can flicker when you try. This way the plane can't move forward. Moving the throttles quickly in reverse (You can use mouse) will lock the start locks so the props are controlled by throttle movement.

The user manual and the popup panel for aircraft options has instructions on how to set up the start locks for starting, shutting down or when your first loading the plane and engines are running. 

Edited by Flysimware
  • Like 1