Sign in to follow this  
tkellogg

Aerosoft support sucks

I purchased Aerosoft's F 14 X and tried all weekend to download the software but was unsuccessful. I contacted them about my problem and asked for a refund due to the fact I could not download their software. They emailed me back and said I had downloaded the software many times therefore they are unable to refund my money. Then they had the nerve to ask for feedback if I was satisfied with my purchase. So to others, be forwarned. Granted it was only 30 bucks but in 10 years of playing with flight simulation I have never been treated this way. And I can assure you I will tell as many people as I can about my experience.

How many browsers did you try? 

Did you try a download manager? 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

In over 10 years of buying from Aerosoft I've never had a problem with downloads or support in general.

Why are you so certain your downloads haven't worked when Aerosoft say you have downloaded the file?

Could it be your ISP is responsible? Do you see the download status showing and does it complete or not?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Never had a problem with downloads from AS through Internet Explorer 10.

Some shops advise against using Chrome for downloads.

Try switching between IE and Firefox, and between with/without a download manager like FDM.

Get a download manager.  Frustrated with 10GB downloads, I got the IDM product for a nominal cost and now would not be without it.  It was really nice to have when beta testing base and extension packages for both FSX/FSXSE and P3D that involved four downloads almost every other day.

Dan Downs KCRP

A few weeks ago I was having issues downloading from Aerosoft with Chrome. As suggested, try another browser. That has been the only time I ever had an issue with Aerosoft or their web site.

NAX669.png

In over 10 years of buying from Aerosoft I've never had a problem with downloads or support in general.

Ditto here too.

I tried two different browsers two different internet providers. Two different download managers. All with my firewalls down. I purchased the software from flightsimstore and downloaded first time with no problem. So obviously problem not on my end. With are soft never able to download over 50% of file. None of these problems excuse them from not even offering any solutions or offering to send me a cd to load. I just don't understand their position. I was in the restaurant business for 20 years. This is equivalent to charging a customer for their meal claiming they ate it even though they never got their meal. No excuse for this kind of service.

Ditto.   I rate their support amongst the best, personally.

The fact that everyone else is able to download from Aerosoft (I downloaded two products from there today), suggests the problem is certainly at your end.

Hope you get it sorted - but I think you're being unneccesarily harsh on Aerosoft.

Flightsimstore usually works best with a download manager. Using Free Download Manager myself.

Have you tried contacting Flightsimstore? They also offer sending you your download burned to a disk for a fee.

I tried two different browsers two different internet providers. Two different download managers. All with my firewalls down. I purchased the software from flightsimstore and downloaded first time with no problem. So obviously problem not on my end. With are soft never able to download over 50% of file. None of these problems excuse them from not even offering any solutions or offering to send me a cd to load. I just don't understand their position. I was in the restaurant business for 20 years. This is equivalent to charging a customer for their meal claiming they ate it even though they never got their meal. No excuse for this kind of service.

It's pretty clear that the problem is at your end since thousands of users (myself included) have no problems with downloads.  The fact that you were able to download from another source says nothing about your ability to connect to Aerosoft.  I use IE 11 and no download manager; because of the way that AS links to their files a download manager frequently will not work.

You don't say how you contacted AS, but generally an email to support@aerosoft.com will get a useful response if you explain exactly what happened.

DJ

Guys if I can download from flightsimstore it is not a problem in my end. I also did contact them at their support. They offered none.

Sounds like it's on your end. If Aerosoft's support sucks, then I can't imagine what you think of other developers'...

Guys if I can download from flightsimstore it is not a problem in my end. I also did contact them at their support. They offered none.

Did you call your ISP?  You may not think think there is nothing wrong on your end, but there may actually be one.  FlightSimStore is not likely in the same country or ISP backbone, so it's an Apples to Oranges comparison.

I couldn't download REX stuff with all my browsers and three computers.  Turned out that my ISP was the culprit.  Not once did I blame REX for that problem.

Take it from the guys who have been here a long time, including myself, that  have never had a problem with Aerosoft support.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Guys you are missing the point. If I purchase something and for whatever reason I can't or don't receive what I purchased then either provide an alternative to getting me the software or return my money. Keeping my money when I haven't received their product is wrong. Plain and simple