Sign in to follow this  
tkellogg

Aerosoft support sucks

Don't bother here anymore. If it works for people they assume it must be your problem, and they are very protective of their favorite developers. I have encountered this attitude before, and it's not always correct.

Having said that, I have never had any problems with Aerosoft or their service. That doesn't mean that you aren't having a legitimate problem. But you are going to have to work it out with them. 

- Bill Magann

Use THIS to download the file. Sometimes my Orbx downloads will fail from FlightSimStore, and when they do, THIS never fails. In fact, Orbx support recommended it.

Hey guys. I finally got it resolved with no help from Aerosoft. My bank, Wells Fargo who does understand customer service fixed the problem. They credited my account with the funds.

MAryann. Thanks for understanding. You seem to be the only one o here who understood my point and felt I may have had a legitimate point.

There's an old saying that businesses should try to remember. It goes something like this 'the customer is always right'.

I would be interested to know Aerosoft's response, since I am assuming that your bank reversed the transaction?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi tkellogg,

I understand your frustration. And sometimes looking for solutions can be very aggravating. I do believe people are here trying to offer solutions and I will offer one also.

It could be your routers firewall settings. Mind you not your virus/firewall software. 

You could try logging into you router and looking up these settings. I know Comcast (A big cable internet provider here in the USA) installs a router firewall with their new routers. These firewalls (yes 2) can have limits set in them. It can be frustrating trying to figure out what was causing these problems as there is no report - just a failure to upload or download certain amounts.

Login into your router will depend on which router you have. Google search will help. Then look for any firewall and disable it - at least when downloading or uploading.

Download managers, now a days, are not really needed unless you have a lot of disconnects. Try FireFox for a modern, secure browser.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

. Keeping my money when I haven't received their product is wrong. Plain and simple

In your first post you say "They emailed me back and said I had downloaded the software many times therefore they are unable to refund my money." They kept your money because they had sent you the software . It's not really its problem if you can't accept it.

There's an old saying that businesses should try to remember. It goes something like this 'the customer is always right'.

No, the customer is always just a customer, even when he or she is dead wrong.

It was pointed out as early as 1914 that this view ignores that customers can be dishonest, have unrealistic expectations, and/or try to misuse a product in ways that void the guarantee and states "if we adopt the policy of admitting whatever claims the customer makes to be proper, and if we always settle them at face value, we shall be subjected to inevitable losses."

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Whichever way they handle it, the business will always have inevitable losses. The business can choose to handle complaints with skepticism and make it difficult for customers to return products on the assumption that the majority of customers are dishonest, and lose future business from honest customers that felt they were wronged by the business. Or they can handle complaints with sympathy and understanding and make it easy for customers to return products on the assumption that the majority of customers are honest, and lose on some returned products from those who were actually dishonest. Either way, it is a cost of doing business and they each choose which side of that line they wish to stand on and is perhaps a reflection on the proprietor himself. Personally, I think that assuming people are honest and treating them that way leads to more profits as a liberal return policy puts people at ease with making purchases. tkellogg will most likely never make another purchase from this store again. This store will most likely never be able to participate in any of tkelloggs future flight sim spending. Is that really worth not accepting a return on one purchase today from that customer?

They kept your money because they had sent you the software . It's not really its problem if you can't accept it.

Not sure I'm following that line of logic, Gerry. If he was unable to download the software successfully, then technically the transaction is not complete. You could argue that there isn't any way of proving that he didn't successfully download it, but surely the customer has some rights when something like this happens?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The customer is not always right, far from it; it's simply a savvy business practice to make the customer believe so. Along with possibly making the customer believe that they are a special, special snowflake, but I digress... ^_^

I'm not saying the original poster is anything but legitimate, but from the viewpoint of a business that offers downloadable software for sale, the only means of checking whether the customer has received their product is by tracking whether the download has been accessed.  If it has, then it's only reasonable for them to assume that the customer has received their product.  I'm not sure on the exact wording of the Aerosoft Terms of Service (I'm guilty of never reading them...), but I have a feeling that you agree to this being a non-refundable product once the download has been accessed.

For a product that cannot be 'deactivated' by the seller, it's very common to see a policy such as this upheld.  For the same reason, it's why a lot of stores will not take returns of movies / cd's / software once the package has been opened.  They can't be sure the customer hasn't made themselves a copy and will continue to use it.

Now, whether it's a good business practice to generate goodwill by refunding a customer anyways in situations such as this, that's pretty much up to the business in question...  But in no way does their refusal to do so constitute poor support!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Since Aerosoft says the person accessed the download multiple times, it makes me wonder what purpose someone would have for trying to access a download link multiple times? Each time I've bought and successfully downloaded a piece of software, I have only ever touched the download link exactly once. Only when something has gone wrong with the download and I failed to receive the software have I ever clicked on it more than once. Is there something that software pirates do that requires them to download something from the store more than once? Am I the only one that forgets about the download link once I've downloaded something?

And for jimmyrfr, you're exactly right. Customers are certainly not always right, but it is definitely smarter to make them think that way. Anything a business can do to make it easier and less reluctant to open up the wallet will help in the long run. Most big retailers in the US, such as Walmart, Home Depot, etc. seems to have caught on to this already.

I am really amazed at the responses to this post. All astrology had to do is verify that I never activated my software with the key that provided. As to whether I am being honest or dishonest let me assure you I an not lying. Ask yourself how you would feel if you were in my shoes. I am no novice at this. I've spent thousands on my flight sim. Www.creativesimulations.com. I am a commercial licensed multi engine instrument rated pilot with over 2000 hours of PIC With over 1500 hours of turbine time. I've been using flight sim software before some of you were born. I've built two computers and am not some novice struggling to figure out how to download a file. So ask yourself how you would feel if the same thing happened to you. I think some of you might sing a different tune

I've just had a look on Aerosoft's forum(as no doubt most of you here have) and found a tkellogg who I presume is the same chap. He's made 0 posts. Perhaps it would be a step in the right direction to do so, outlining your concerns in a calm 'professional pilot' manner.

Just a thought. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I followed their direction and sent an email to support @Aerosoft's.com

And I got upset when they wrote me off