Sign in to follow this  
tkellogg

Aerosoft support sucks

Since Aerosoft says the person accessed the download multiple times, it makes me wonder what purpose someone would have for trying to access a download link multiple times?

One example might be where customer has exceeded a set number of download attempts and requests a refund, however a scan of the download attempts reveals 6 different IP addresses attempting downloads.  Again, not at all suggesting that this in anyway reflects on the OP.  Just giving an example where, having had this attempted on a business several dozen times over, they might become wary of such things, and reluctant to give a refund.

However, I do recall that there are several things regarding terms of service and delivery fulfillment that you have to agree to when you purchase from Aerosoft.  It might behoove the OP to read those before purchasing from any e-retailer in the future!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

if you purchased the product from flightsimstore I don't get why would you complain about download problems to Aerosoft who have absolutely nothing to do with the download service from that particular site.  

Scamp I purchased it from Aerosoft's site first and was unable to download from their site. So since I've purchased a lot of software from flightsim I purchased the software from them and downloaded from flightsim first time with no problems. Could easily prove this to aerosoft if they even inquired. After two days they have not even bothered to answer my second email trying to resolve this amicably. That's why I'm upset. Jell it's not tje 30 bucks that upsets me. It's their approach in dealing with my problem.

So am I right in thinking that you purchased the aircraft from Aerosoft directly, but you were unable to successfully download it, so you purchased it again from FSS?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

While I've never actually been totally unable to download a product I bought from Aerosoft, I've definitely had significant difficulty getting larger downloads to fully complete there (I'm thinking especially of their Antarctica scenery here), as well as issues with wildly variable download speeds, etc. And I've downloaded stuff from their store on three different continents and had trouble on all three on different occasions, so this is not an issue with a single ISP.

Maybe I've just been incredibly and consistently unlucky, but some people do seem awfully quick to dismiss claims like this with "I've never had that problem, so you must be crazy or lying"!

James

There is always more to the story...  ^_^

The sequence of events is wrong: 1. Buy from Aerosoft - 2. Buy again from FSS - 3. Complaint to Aerosoft

Correct would be: 1. Buy from Aerosoft - 2. Complaint to Aerosoft - 3. Not to buy again from FSS

Now, what was the reason for buying from FSS the 2nd time, before the final verdict came from AS?!?

Bert if you read my post I indicated thos in my second post. I am telling the whole story

Actually the correct sequence is 1. Bought from aerosoft. 2. Complain to aerosoft. 3. After no response from aerosoft in 24 hours bought from GAS. 4. Request refund from aerosoft after no offer or response to my complaint. 5. Response indicating refund will not be made by aerosoft. 6. My last response to aerosoft complaining of lack of support 48 hours ago. No response from aerosoft.

God bless you James. I know that I couldn't be the only one who has had these problems. I too have been surprised by the quick defense by upporters of aerosoft and the thoughts that the customer could be lying and they are justified in their actions. It is easy in this day of no face to face interaction between business and customers to dismiss complaints. This would never happen in the businesses I ran. One dissatisfied customer will tell 10 customers. And that kind of word of mouth can kill a retail establishment. Whether this problem happened once or a thousand times does not justify areosoft not even trying to resolve my problem. They basically are treating me as a liar because they believe I have downloaded the software many times. I have attempted many times. Just none successfully. If their system can track how many times I tried can it also show I never activated my software using the key they provided when I purchased it from them?

If their system can track how many times I tried can it also show I never activated my software using the key they provided when I purchased it from them?

Many products only verify that the key is valid, at which point they allow / disallow installation progress.  They can only track if a key is used if they use online activation.  I couldn't begin to tell you whether Aerosoft's copy protection scheme uses online verification or not.  If it doesn't, then no, they would have no idea if you used the product key or not.

My previous point still holds; when you click 'I agree' or 'Yes' to any terms of service, from any software distributor, you may well be waiving any rights you had to request a refund once the download is attempted.  Buyer beware.

However, whether it would of been in Aerosoft's best interest in terms of customer relations to smooth this over with you by offering you a refund?  Maybe it would of been.  It's completely their call, and perhaps their own willingness to incur a negative feedback from a (potential) customer.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I too have been surprised by the quick defense by upporters of aerosoft and the thoughts that the customer could be lying and they are justified in their actions...

I'm not defending or criticising Aerosoft. I simply stated that I have never had a problem downloading any product from their servers.

You mentioned in an earlier post you have spend "thousands" on flight sim. Was this your first purchase from Aerosoft - one of the big boys of FS software? If it wasn't did you have a problem with any earlier downloads?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Did you try the file downloading software I recommended? Or another downloader? I was not coming to the defense of Aerosoft by recommending it. It's a proven reliable alternative to clicking the Download button in a sim market. If indeed you have not tried it, then you have not done everything in your power to resolve the issue. Since you have been doing this for so many years, I'm sure you understand everything in this hobby requires patience and a little elbow grease, even the easy stuff sometimes.

And with all due respect, I doubt you would have been greeted with so much skepticism had your thread title not been so inflammatory.

It could be your routers firewall settings. Mind you not your virus/firewall software. 

Yes.  Any problems i have ever had connecting or installing purchases has been down to my AntiVirus.  

This was my first purchase with aerosoft. Blessedly I have not tried your download software as I have two different download software's that have worked flawlessly. I have no intention of ever buying anything else from aerosoft so I saw no reason to use a new download software. As to my choice of words in the topic I did so because I knew it would initiate a response. Probably a little more political correctness is justified butI was reacting to their lack of support

1. Buy from Aerosoft - 2. Buy again from FSS

Never had any issues with either.