Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

FSX:SE - How to configure offline mode ?

With the latest update by DTG, I read that it is now possible to use FSX:SE standalone, losing only the access to the online MP servers ( something I never use ), but I can't find where to configure that stnadalone mode.

Any ideas / hints ?

Thx for any :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I think you mean offline mode?  There are instructions on the DTG forum on how to do this but I could not find quickly to provide you a link.  BTW, what is the advantage of running this way?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I believe it would allow me to simply uninstall Steam, which I am not using for any other purpose... just that :) or maybe I am totally wrong and it allows is for Steam to be run in offline mode ?

Just curious - that's it :)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I think you will still need steam... but you can run the game w/o internet connection

At least this happens with my others steam games

Cheers :)

N.-

I believe it would allow me to simply uninstall Steam, which I am not using for any other purpose... just that :) or maybe I am totally wrong and it allows is for Steam to be run in offline mode ?

Just curious - that's it :)

Don't do that!!  You still need steam in offline mode.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

"Offline Mode" =/= Standalone

Offline mode simply means that you will not need to be on the Internet when you want to play your game. Normally, Steam touches base with your online account for various things during its launch and the launch of your game. In offline mode, it assumes your system is just that - offline - and it doesn't do those things. Steam itself is still a required piece of the puzzle.

Just confirming what a few others have already mentioned. :)

Of course guys... I should have guessed it :-)

Thx for your answers !

And yet another question - do you know if FSX-SE can be gifted to another Steam user ?

Long ago, when I first created a Steam account to buy a game for one of my daughters, it was possible to give games from your Library to other users, provided you uninstalled them. Do you know if / how this would be possible with FSX-SE ?

I know... too many questions, but I've searched and didn't find the answers... Only way will be to create yet another Steam account - a support account...

Main Simulation Rig:

And yet another question - do you know if FSX-SE can be gifted to another Steam user ?

Unless FSX is the exception, yes you can, I believe the option comes up during the initial stages of purchase.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thx Rick, although I meant, after I have it in my Library....

It's my typical flight simulation catharsis ( 3 yr cycle ) moment, when I start giving away all of my simming stuff, and FSX:SE is last on the list of the civil sims ( XP10 already went away more than a month ago, again... )...

So, I have a friend interested in FSX:SE, he has a Steam account, so, I would like to pass him my FSX:SE...

Main Simulation Rig:

Guys, How to configure the offline mode? 

I updated Steam today, so I'd like to get back starting FSX-SE in offline mode. I forgot where in Steam to tick that 'offline' box. This thread has been no help to the direct question of the OP so far.

Thank you.

Dirk.

Thanks, Daniel, I've figured it out, on my system it is: go to Settings, click on View Account Details, in the new window click on Steam, and in the drop down select Go Offline. 

Cheers,

Dirk.