Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

About the Flight1 GTN 750 in Europe

Hey Pilots!

I think about buying the awesome Flight1 GTN750 for my turbine duke. But I mostly fly in europe and now I want to know if there is a map for europe in the gtn? Or is the display in europe just blue, as I have seen in a youtube video.

I ask because there are confusing entrys in the flight1 product page. In one sentence they say (for version 1.08):

"Notes About the Terrain Database: The terrain map included with the GTN 750 and 650 includes North America and Central America only."

But in the next line they say:

"The GTN includes a full worldwide terrain map, so no additional DVD purchase will be necessary."

Would be great if someone can say something about this. Many Thanks!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Hi,

with version 1.08 the GTN 650/750 have Garmin GTN Trainer version 5.001 compatibility. You will have world wide terrain database support. Obviously that includes europe ;)

I have both and i see terrain  when flying across europe.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Hi,

with version 1.08 the GTN 650/750 have Garmin GTN Trainer version 5.001 compatibility. You will have world wide terrain database support. Obviously that includes europe ;)

I have both and i see terrain  when flying across europe.

Yay, thats great news :-) Thank you

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Yay, thats great news :-) Thank you

Gerne :)

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Now I am a proud owner of the F1 GTN 750 and can confirm it works like a charm, even over europe :-)

@ Mickeyj: Danke nochmal, das war die letzte info die ich noch brauchte um das GTN zu kaufen. Absolut genial dieses addon :-)

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Now I am a proud owner of the F1 GTN 750 and can confirm it works like a charm, even over europe :-)

@ Mickeyj: Danke nochmal, das war die letzte info die ich noch brauchte um das GTN zu kaufen. Absolut genial dieses addon :-)

Hi,

would like to know if the F1 GTN 750 can be updated with the actual AIRAC data provided by navigraph.

Thanks in advance.

cheers

Bernd Schwarz

Hi,

would like to know if the F1 GTN 750 can be updated with the actual AIRAC data provided by navigraph.

Thanks in advance.

cheers

Bernd Schwarz

No, Navigraph and Garmin are not compatible.

However, there is recently expired 2016 Garmin data available if you ask "nicely".. :wink:

Bert

Garmin recently split their database because the size was getting too big. You now only have 2 options for databases, 1. america coverage only but missing airports smaller than 2000ft (or 3000? I forgot) runways. 2. worldwide also with smaller airports missing.

I could be mistaken but this is what I come to understand Garmin has done again. They got rid of many small airports in America and the world in both databases and you have to keep switching between them if you fly in America or the world. The db is all of 16mb, not sure why the trainer cannot handle this small size.

Does upgrading the database for the GTN 750 cost alot? Like i heard rumors you need to haver a 10$ subscription etc...

Does upgrading the database for the GTN 750 cost alot? Like i heard rumors you need to haver a 10$ subscription etc...

Garmin PilotPaks data:

Prices start at about $300 and can go up to $1,700 dollars.

If someone wants updated chart data for their GTN gauge,  then visit the Flight1 GTN site and ask Tiberiu on how to do it. Then goto the Garmin Site and choose your pack.

This members Flight1 GTN site will give you more info

And does the GARMIN 750 GTN also has Charts avaible for europe?

Terrain and SafeTaxi charts: yes.

Approach charts: no.   (U.S. only)

Bert

So the current database that Flight1 GTN has is the worldwide database? If so shouldn't it also include america? This is getting confusing. So if you want to fly outside of America, you have to get a different database now? I would assume that worldwide would include everything.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

However, there is recently expired 2016 Garmin data available if you ask "nicely".. :wink:

Bert -- could you possibly expand on this comment a bit? I have a Flight1 GTN 750 and would like to update it if possible.

Thanks,

Al

Edit: Never mind, I think I figured it out.

So the current database that Flight1 GTN has is the worldwide database? If so shouldn't it also include america? This is getting confusing. So if you want to fly outside of America, you have to get a different database now? I would assume that worldwide would include everything.

The WW database is just that.  It also includes the U.S.

Garmin has recently (2016 02), however, started splitting the databases because of a "size limitation".

So, newer databases are either WW, excluding airstrips of less than 4000ft, or regional databases with all airstrips.

Bert