Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Bumped into this on the web?

Quick! Before it goes down again be sure to register at the massive 2 member forum for exciting discussions on the future... :wacko:

Seriously, this site is apparently trying to bring together in one place the current state of development in various engines, and other bits and bobs for the sake of discussion and education.

The entity's involved with the site are not themselves doing any actual development work.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Quick! Before it goes down again be sure to register at the massive 2 member forum for exciting discussions on the future... :wacko:

Seriously, this site is apparently trying to bring together in one place the current state of development in various engines, and other bits and bobs for the sake of discussion and education.

The entity's involved with the site are not themselves doing any actual development work.

Yah. It all seemed very ambitious, so I couldn't understand why I had never heard a single thing about it from somebody, somewhere.

As I said, I will watch with interest to see where it goes.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I think everyone needs to be reminded that the flight simulation community has some individuals who like to scam their fellow citizens. It has happened in the past and it will happen in the future. Be aware.

Best regards,

When I visited that site today I got a Firefox security warning saying "This site is not trusted".

Appears the site has been taken down.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

If it's too good to be true, then it probably is.

Appears the site has been taken down.

Best regards,

Hmmmmmmm......

Still working for me, albeit the last few days it's been slow. (I take a look every now and then)

My original link does seem to lead to trouble, though as that page has apparently been modified.

This link to the main site works at the moment (for those curious) http://nexgenflightsim.com/

No warnings from mcafee siteadvisor for me, so don't know what could be up.

They are apparently looking for a site Admin.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

It's now already talking about CrowdFunding with nothing to offer - a scam?

That was the original question, but I am not sure I see how at the moment. It's all essentially just very ambitious talk. Until things become more clear, my personal jury is still out.

Devons rig

There is no "crowdfunding" at the moment. All that's there is an attempt to start a discussion of 1. What it is, 2. How to set one up, and 3. When should it begin...

It helps to actually read what is written, and not simply assume stuff based on one word.

Fr. Bill    

There is no "crowdfunding" at the moment. All that's there is an attempt to start a discussion of 1. What it is, 2. How to set one up, and 3. When should it begin...

It helps to actually read what is written, and not simply assume stuff based on one word.

You can't be  no naive as to believe that site references crowdfunding initially just to inform us about it ,even before it has anything to offer?

Gerry, it's not naive to accept reality as it is. There's no need to attempt to create a mountain from what is actually nothing more than a small pile of dirt.

It must be bitterly ironic to the owner of that website that there's more discussion of his efforts elsewhere on the web, and absolutely no discussion at his website. :blink:

Fr. Bill    

It must be bitterly ironic to the owner of that website that there's more discussion of his efforts elsewhere on the web, and absolutely no discussion at his website. :blink:

Possibly because no one wants  discussion at his website?

Well the website is so ambitious and starts out with so much stuff that its hard to know exactly where to start. I do notice that the list of members is growing. I suspect these things all have a varying critical mass, but it really behooves the site owner to start a thread that invites a general response rather than just these mostly informational threads.

Also, I think the site is suffering from an overabundance of eye-candy, and needs something to focus visitor attention more.

Right now, it's like visiting a museum, but with no focus to concentrate minds; you just look, then wander off.

It must be bitterly ironic to the owner of that website that there's more discussion of his efforts elsewhere on the web, and absolutely no discussion at his website.

Yeah, somebody has put in an awful amount of work to make an attractive (if visually crowded) site. Shame if they are legit, and it all gets ignored.

Devons rig

Yeah, somebody has put in an awful amount of work to make an attractive (if visually crowded) site.

Perhaps its content isn't interesting enough?

Perhaps its content isn't interesting enough?

It takes all kinds, to make a world. Some will find it stupid. Some will be interested. Some will be sure it's a scam, and time will make the final decision.

I've always been partial to giving things time.

Devons rig