Sign in to follow this  
roland_lfor

VFR in expert mode - how to request landing?

Hi,

I'm trying the expert mode in VFR, everything is fine at the begining: startup / taxi / takeoff / switch to enroute ATC.

But when I switch to approach or tower and try to request a landing, it always fails.

Manual does not detail expert mode rules and VFR landing request.

Does someone know how to succeed? A sentence example?

Thanks

Roland

--> version 6.50

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Hi,

When you are near your destination, you can press the key "0" (zero) to open the menu. In the menu there is an option to contact your destination airport. Or without open the menu, you can switch on the correct frequency and request for "rejoining instruction".

Hope this help.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Thanks Richard,

Actually there is no option available in expert mode.

I rolled back to normal mode and practice VFR to see the logic, then tried in expert mode, and if I follow the contact logic it works!

--> First contact with approach/tower without any request

<-- ATC ask to pass your message

--> 3 solutions:

1) tell you position related to airport

2) tell "inbound to  ... from ..."

3) well already forgot the third path   :huh:

If everything is fine ATC give you the entry pattern...that's it.

Expert mode really increases the realism level a step above as you are almost free (with no help).

Roland

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Thanks Richard,

Actually there is no option available in expert mode.

Ooops sorry Roland, I misread your post...  :rolleyes:  I never used my expert mode.

Btw, I downloaded your radar gauge (not yet installed) but thank you in advance for this work ! :smile:

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I agree about expert mode increasing realism, although I do find that a real person at the tower is a little better at figuring out what I want to do ;-)

OK, steps for contacting the tower. (most communications start with who you are talking to, followed by who you are, then where you are, some times you have to add a with statement, then what you want to do,

1. Listen to ATIS

2. Say, blank tower Cessna 7274 Hotel

3. If you stop here the tower will respond, "Cessna 7274 Hotel Go ahead"

4. Cessna 7274 Hotel 15 miles Northeast Southern Wisconsin Regional at 3 Thousand 5 Hundred

5. With Information Blank (When you listen to ATIS it will give you a code to prove you listened ie Alpha, Echo, Lima, etc.)

6. Landing Southern Wisconsin Regional

After all of that the tower should give you instructions for entering the pattern.