Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

SP1 Released

can not get the activation to work. always get an error. wrong serial number. coping right of the page and pasting into the form.

I had the same issue and had to paste my serial number a few times to get the activation to work.

Hey Guys,

After updating to SP1 I am having an issue with my mouse scroll wheel not working within the autopilot panel, strangely it does work with other rotating knobs (the MFD range display and panel lighting display) I've made a short video in hopes it explains the issue better than I can explain it. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Max

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo2PRIFKStM&

Nice video... Just wondering did you apply a mod to get 2000 ft/m climb rate without losing speed ? At that VS using full thrust I end up stalling. :(

Everyone keeps saying this plane is under powered, but in real life, as a controller, I don't think I've ever seen a Hawker 850 up at FL400, let alone above FL370, certainly not straight off the ground with fuel.  And they're rarely over M74.  These are not C750s or GLF6s.  They are relatively unimpressive jets.  But they're still very nice airplanes, and pilots seem to love flying them.  

My primary issues with this plane is still a bad FLC (climbing a jet in VS mode is EXTREMELY dangerous) and the direct to function doesn't actually exist.  

I think people are not checking the weights imo

Where do you work DM?  I'm here in DLH

and edit:  FLC is still a mess...  it's not sensitive enough....  the response time of the pitch is waaaay too slow.

Ugh

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I think people are not checking the weights imo

Good point !   Got improved performance with 40% fuel load (no passengers) and that airplane.cfg replacement :)

100% fuel load with passengers is like trying to fly a brick LOL

Good point !   Got improved performance with 40% fuel load (no passengers) and that airplane.cfg replacement :)

100% fuel load with passengers is like trying to fly a brick LOL

As someone who has been fueling Hawkers for 20 years now, it is a rare moment that a Hawker in the 800 series takes a complete top off of fuel. And even then its only to ferry the bird across country. Hawkers are good planes. But fast with lots of weight is something its not.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

For FLC mode,  I believe it is as simple as changing one line in the FLC activation section:

1 (>L:ALT_SEL_ON)  instead of  0 (>L:ALT_SEL_ON).

..and yes, I have reported this to Carenado also.

^_^

Hi Bert, which section/file does this go under?

Hi Bert, which section/file does this go under?

CARPROLINE21.cab \ autopilot_bezel  (VC and popup).

Bert

can not get the activation to work. always get an error. wrong serial number. coping right of the page  and pasting into the form.

Sometimes it is possible to capture an extra space when selecting the serial number and that will keep it from working properly.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

... when in level flight with   -  ALT HOLD ON -  and I start to preselect an altitude via the rotary the plane immediately starts climbing or descending....  surely the plane should fly level until a climb/descent - MODE - (be that PITCH, VS or FLC)  is selected    or if the -  ALT HOLD - is released for manual climb/descent. (also , of course GS intercept)

aero

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

I just noticed that VS and FLC are on at the same time - and FLC should disengage by selecting VS - is this what you are referring to Bert - this bird just keeps climbing and will not descend at all and shouldn't I be able to change Altitude by Altitude selector knob to reduce Altitude - it is not working if so

I'm using P3Dv2.5 and I can't get any movement from the ALTS knob in the VC but when using the popup AP it works just fine. Go figure. I did notice when FLC was selected in the climb mode, the IAS showed up in the PFD as it should but, I flew right through my selected altitude. When descending using VS it did level off at the selected altitude.

There may be hope, yet.

Regards,

Ray

As someone who has been fueling Hawkers for 20 years now, it is a rare moment that a Hawker in the 800 series takes a complete top off of fuel. And even then its only to ferry the bird across country. Hawkers are good planes. But fast with lots of weight is something its not.

Exactly, the specs only look good on paper. I use 40% fuel for just running around, sometimes 50% if I plan to climb higher. I have never ran out of fuel yet, and performance is on par with the Citations that I fly, except faster cruise - which is what it is all about for me.

I gotta admit at certain angles it looks great.

Regards,

Ray

Hawker1.JPG

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Thanks Bert, will test it out a bit later today.

I'm using P3Dv2.5 and I can't get any movement 

Thats a great picture Ray where was that taken looks real :) - well tinkering around latest build if I use my physical throttle and ALTS - ONLY - do not touch FLC or VS - it does change altitude up or down but very slowly - look into fuel load maybe it will help so as it doesnt have an autothrottle this is the only way it works - touching the mentioned above will mess it up - so I guess FLC or VS needs some attention - also noticed an fms flight plan is not being followed if there is a turn involved have to look into that next

" I can't get any movement from the ALTS knob in the VC"

Works here Ray

Rich Sennett

What's best program to edit  SPB  files......I can't find the line with

0 (>L:ALT_SEL_ON)         found a couple without the  '&gt'

aero

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

You need to use a decompiler and that said how would you recompile it ? not messing with this as the program has to run from a cmd - all set

What's best program to edit  SPB  files......I can't find the line with

Dont bother you will mess something up - have to wait

Rich Sennett