Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

SP1 Released

Hi Bert,

also tried it with LOC1....the problem is that the APR Button doesnt work ;-)

Strange... works for me..

Maybe it depends on the sequence... this autopilot is not exactly bulletproof  :rolleyes:

Bert

for example i fly with MS ATC and get headings until the point where I get the final turn to intercept the ILS. Until this point i fly with the HDG mode and on NAV1 and NAV2  is the ILS frequ.

On the PFD I have LOC1/LOC2 as preset and also the NAV Source is set to VOR1. Then normally when the GS is alive I click on the APR Button to fly down the ILS.

But when I click at the Button nothing happened.....where is the mistake guys?

"Preset" is just that; preset. It is not active until you - well - activate it...

Think of "preset" just as you would "standby" in a com/nav radio.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Preset is just a function. Like a stored frequency or in this case a way to change nav source from GPS to VOR (or any other combination)

The only way I know to get a working ILS is to have LOC1 up with the ils freq in.

If you were flying FMS you should get LNAV (localizer guidance when using FMS ) but you won't get a GS without using LOC1.

Also you wrote about nav2 having the localizer freq. the autopilot won't follow that afaik. It needs to be in nav1 so LOC1 In this case.

Unless you meant the stored freq was in standby and you swapped it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The Pro Line 21 will automatically sequence from FMS guidance to ILS guidance if you have an ILS approach loaded in the FMS and the preset is set to the appropriate nav source (NAV 1 for pilot).

I don't think that's modeled here.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

All these awesome features... Do you happen to know if they'll be modeled in the Eaglesoft C560?

:)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Those and much more. If you need to discuss our product let's do it outside this vendors forum.... B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Ooooh!   :wub:

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Guys...I'm lost in the meantime and cant idenfiy my mistakes....

Attached you can see the picture where I try an ILS approach.....where is my mistake? why I cant activate the APR Button? I know I'm anyway too high already....

s24m6exh.jpg[/url]

Guys...I'm lost in the meantime and cant idenfiy my mistakes....

Attached you can see the picture where I try an ILS approach.....where is my mistake? why I cant activate the APR Button? I know I'm anyway too high already....

s24m6exh.jpg[/url]

Hi - the picture is too small to be able to see any of the PFD indications. Can you enlarge it?

citationjet... Right... pic too small. Since up the update to 1.1, I was having a problem with an ILS approach as well and pretty much fly the same way you do... UNTIL, I figured out the right settings and the right sequence for those settings. My last three flights have had a perfect ILS approach using the same method you do (MS ATC, vector to approach heading, using HDG mode up to that point).

On another note, I have also figured out how to get everything else in the autopilot to work to my satisfaction, including leveling off at my preset altitude. The only issue with that is having to climb using VS instead of FLC, but I can live with that for now.

Are things perfect? Nope... but I can fly the plane pretty much the way I want and it really is a pleasure to fly it... one of my favorites to date.

citationjet... Right... pic too small. Since up the update to 1.1

Cool - now how about a tutorial  :rolleyes: thanks

Rich Sennett

citationjet... Right... pic too small. Since up the update to 1.1, I was having a problem with an ILS approach as well and pretty much fly the same way you do... UNTIL, I figured out the right settings and the right sequence for those settings. My last three flights have had a perfect ILS approach using the same method you do (MS ATC, vector to approach heading, using HDG mode up to that point).

On another note, I have also figured out how to get everything else in the autopilot to work to my satisfaction, including leveling off at my preset altitude. The only issue with that is having to climb using VS instead of FLC, but I can live with that for now.

Are things perfect? Nope... but I can fly the plane pretty much the way I want and it really is a pleasure to fly it... one of my favorites to date.

Great so could you shortly describe your settings to get the ILS APP working??

Thx!

Hope this link works better out regarding the pic:

j1oLEdnzNp.jpg[/url]

You are way above the glideslope. You must be just under the glideslope before the AP will capture it.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator