Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

737-200 in FSX-SE

Has anyone tried either the Captain Sim or Milviz 737-200 in FSX-SE? If both work okay, does anyone have any feedback on one which might be better and why?

Thanks

Ian

Ian

Go for the MilViz. I had it in FSX-SE, and it flew fine. But as I have long ditched MSFS and moved to Prepar3D, I'll be upgrading to P3D v2.5 shortly.

The only thing about this is that the MV might work in SE IF there's only SE installed.  If you have both SE and regular FSX... it probably won't.  In either of them.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Thanks. I only have SE installed... Once I take the plunge I'll let you know how it worked out. Right now Orbyx sale has pretty much taken control of my bank account! ^_^

Hi, a short while ago version 1.6 of the CaptainSim 737 has been released, claiming full SE compatibility. I haven't verified this though, still flying boxed most of the time. I have both addons, the Capsim and the Milviz, and I find it a tough choice between them. I'm not too much into systems modelling, so I wouldn't know if either one is superior. In flight the CS 737 1.6 seems to be on par to the Milviz now, maybe the MV is a little smoother (just a feeling though). Visually the CS wins hands down, inside and out, plus there is a cargo expansion available.

If you're into the 737s, and right now prefer the MV, I recommend picking up the CS anyway, at one of the 9,99 sales.

Edit: just looking at the CS site right now reminded me of how much I liked her - so I went ahead and bought the -100 expansion as well. Short test flight turned out very nice, looking forward to the weekend...

LORBY-SI

I decided on the Captain Sim version 1.6 as it is stated as definitely SE compatible. I'm loving it!!!