Sign in to follow this  
HawkeyeTTU

Direct To

Has anyone else had trouble with the Direct To function?  Whenever I try to go direct to a waypoint in the flight plan, it seems to join the leg instead of going direct to the fix.

Yes it makes duplicates of the DTO waypoint (or it did pre SP1)

edit: Clarifying.... is this SP1?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

SP1 did not address Direct To whatsoever, it appears.  I've been emailing them about this being unacceptable, and they claim to be working on it still...

The NAV will just turn you hard back towards the active leg and then slowely turn back to intercept the "radial" of the original flight plan leg. 

Also, the FLC is still useless and anytime you change the type of climb or descent profile you use, it cancels Altitude Capture, and the PFD isn't realistic enough for you to know otherwise.  

If these three things aren't fixed in the next month or so, I'm gonna have to get my money back.  50 bucks should get you a plane that replicates the experience of the real thing, and without these things...

I think Bert was able to get FLC to work in conjunction with ALTS:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/467849-sp1-released/page-2#entry3230970

Well, FLC may not work the best yet, but at least it works with ALTS.

Also, DTO sorta works... you have to delete the waypoints you skipped though lol (not realistic)

Here's a pic of what I see SP1:

The FPL is KDLH MILAC BAINY1 KMSP

You can see the actual fixes on the plan mode of the MFD...  MILAC BAINY LUCCY SAUGR etc

En route ATC cleared me direct LUCCY.  I LSK next to LUCCY, then LSK over top of the current fix which was MILAC.  You can see the changes on the MFD.  I'm not sure if that's real or not but in order to fly it correctly you have to press the "CLR/DEL" button on the FMS and LSK next to all the fixes you just skipped, including the duplicate the FMS just made (lol).  In this case MILAC, BAINY and the second instance of LUCCY.

Also don't go into the STAR page again while enroute... it will delete your current FPL!  FFS that's annoying!

At least one positive of the SP1:  They added the names of the fixes on the PFD yay!

dtoeffedupSP1.jpg

Here's what happens if you don't delete the fixes LOL

dblfixeswith%20dto2.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |