Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

OPTIMIZE PART=1 and EZDOK

I decided to try the OP=1 trick and got the result I expected, however EZDOK camera simply stopped working, i.e. it's menu does not show up in P3D at all. Once I return to OP=0, everything is back to normal. Has anyone encountered this issue in the circumstances that I described?

Thanks

Dmitriy

Hi mate

I'm using both and haven't seen this.

is this how you have it in your P3d.cfg??

[sIM]
SYSCLOCK=0
OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1

here is the section from my exe.dll.should look like this

<Launch.Addon>
      <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
      <Disabled>False</Disabled>
      <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
     </Launch.Addon>

steve

optimize parts should have nothing to do with ezdok. it optimizes meshes inside the sim. this sounds like a simconnect time out or error.

shawn.

Yes, it looks like it was random SC disconnect issue. Was able to sort it out.

Thanks for your help

I too am having kind of the same problem with EZDOK after turning on the Optimize Parts, whether it is related or not, I don't know.

My issue is that EZDOK works just fine.  I have all the menus and can open up the editor and all that but randomly throughout my flights my EZDOK movement controls will fail.    I can no longer move the camera around inside the cockpit with the arrow keys and middle mouse button held down.   And this problem comes and goes.. on the same flight.  It looks like SimConnect is getting overloaded?  

Also, if the simulator takes too long to boot up I will get a warning from EZDOK telling me that there is a problem with the SimConnect module because it did not respond for 10 seconds and EZDOK fails completely and I have to restart the sim or run the EZDOK config tool and make it point to the SimmConnect it uses again.

It's very annoying.     I like to do screen cap and music video work and to have EZDOK just cut out without warning at any given moment is driving me crazy.   Never had these problems before until recently when I switched over to the new EZDOK installer 2.0 that sets up the generic VC, Spot plane and World camera rather than adding one for each and every config file like the old style.   

I don't know how to fix this intermittent cut out of EZDOK.   I haven't tried a full reinstall of the package yet.   I wish they would release a dedicated P3D installer instead of having to rig it up with the old version and place edited .exe files on top of it.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I too am having kind of the same problem with EZDOK after turning on the Optimize Parts, whether it is related or not, I don't know.

My issue is that EZDOK works just fine.  I have all the menus and can open up the editor and all that but randomly throughout my flights my EZDOK movement controls will fail.    I can no longer move the camera around inside the cockpit with the arrow keys and middle mouse button held down.   And this problem comes and goes.. on the same flight.  It looks like SimConnect is getting overloaded?  

Also, if the simulator takes too long to boot up I will get a warning from EZDOK telling me that there is a problem with the SimConnect module because it did not respond for 10 seconds and EZDOK fails completely and I have to restart the sim or run the EZDOK config tool and make it point to the SimmConnect it uses again.

It's very annoying.     I like to do screen cap and music video work and to have EZDOK just cut out without warning at any given moment is driving me crazy.   Never had these problems before until recently when I switched over to the new EZDOK installer 2.0 that sets up the generic VC, Spot plane and World camera rather than adding one for each and every config file like the old style.   

I don't know how to fix this intermittent cut out of EZDOK.   I haven't tried a full reinstall of the package yet.   I wish they would release a dedicated P3D installer instead of having to rig it up with the old version and place edited .exe files on top of it.

Which version are you running, the reason I ask is that I have beta version 1.18.6, after copying the files over any older ver. Start by clicking on the new config tool as 'admin' the you then should have a choice for fsx or p3d.

the next screen you can config by clicking config fsx. ( this will configure p3d).

bob

Which version are you running, the reason I ask is that I have beta version 1.18.6, after copying the files over any older ver. Start by clicking on the new config tool as 'admin' the you then should have a choice for fsx or p3d.

the next screen you can config by clicking config fsx. ( this will configure p3d).

bob

beta 1.18.6 doesn't exist we are at 1.18.5! or did I missed something?

André

bob

Yeah, that is the version I use.  And I did all that.  Like I said, it works.. most of the time but the movement controls to actually slide around the cockpit or move around the outside view freezes up... almost ALWAYS once I arrive at the gate of the destination airport and I want to go outside view and take screen caps of the deboarding and stuff... I can't move the cameras despite POV being flagged on in all the external cameras.

EDIT:  Well let me be clear, I use the latest 1.8.x something that gives me the v2.0.0.5 install interface.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Yeah, that is the version I use.  And I did all that.  Like I said, it works.. most of the time but the movement controls to actually slide around the cockpit or move around the outside view freezes up... almost ALWAYS once I arrive at the gate of the destination airport and I want to go outside view and take screen caps of the deboarding and stuff... I can't move the cameras despite POV being flagged on in all the external cameras.

EDIT:  Well let me be clear, I use the latest 1.8.x something that gives me the v2.0.0.5 install interface.

Well I believe that is 1.18.5 only a change in var.ini file which can be downloaded at ezdok support forum

Well found this one didn't tested but maybe some more are wondering...

"quote"

The newer version 1.18.6 if you get the timeout -  he made if specifically for this:

André

Well I believe that is 1.18.5 only a change in var.ini file which can be downloaded at ezdok support forum

Well found this one didn't tested but maybe some more are wondering...

"quote"

The newer version 1.18.6 if you get the timeout -  he made if specifically for this:

I'll see if this version you linked does any better on my next flight.  Thanks.

100454.png

Brian Navy

Bah... The ability to move around with the arrow keys still cuts in and out and almost ALWAYS out once I land... what is causing this?  It's driving me crazy.

100454.png

Brian Navy

Bah... The ability to move around with the arrow keys still cuts in and out and almost ALWAYS out once I land... what is causing this?  It's driving me crazy.

Hi Brian, after going thro' your video's on your link there's no way I should be trying to give you advice, great video's and paint job. (had a great evening going through them)

anyways not quite sure about 'move around with arrow keys',

in ezdoc the arrow keys are for editing, whilst in edit mode' by pressing the num 2 key pad button.

bob

Hi Brian, after going thro' your video's on your link there's no way I should be trying to give you advice, great video's and paint job. (had a great evening going through them)

anyways not quite sure about 'move around with arrow keys',

in ezdoc the arrow keys are for editing, whilst in edit mode' by pressing the num 2 key pad button.

bob

Yes, while in edit mode.  Out of edit mode if you hold down your middle mouse button and then use the air keys you can move around in the cockpit in whatever view you are currently in.   That is what keeps cutting out on me.

And thanks for checking out my videos.   I appreciate it.

100454.png

Brian Navy

Yes, while in edit mode.  Out of edit mode if you hold down your middle mouse button and then use the air keys you can move around in the cockpit in whatever view you are currently in.   That is what keeps cutting out on me.

And thanks for checking out my videos.   I appreciate it.

I tried the keys on my setup and they work ok, (I now see how they get these wonderful video shots), when I move around there's no cutting out, in fact it keeps on going right out of the cockpit walls and no limit on it. the cockpit wall limits have no effect or control on the movement.

bob

I think I am just going to blow away EZDOK and start from scratch.  It may just be a bad install.   I can't think of anything else I can do to get the camera movement controls to stop cutting out at random.

100454.png

Brian Navy