Sign in to follow this  
MattM1121

No FO, PA or Briefing sounds

Greetings,

After nearly a year I've managed to get back into the cockpit and have fired up the Q400 and FS2Crew. However I'm having some sound issues that are causing some serious frustration.

1. When I start FS2Crew I everything seems to fire up just fine. Voice and DSP are good to go. When I do an audio check I get a fine response from a 2 speaker setup using left and right. (No HS is selected from the main menu)

2. After I select PF I ensure the comms are set to PA, speaker is turned up and the volume bar is green. Then I select the PA.

3. When I get down to +3 I can't hear any of the attendant PA. When selecting the "Welcome" from the PA menu the panel disappears but I hear nothing.

4. Opening the briefing I set the necessary parameters and click the brief button but hear nothing.

5. During the PF I do hear the request to load passengers and receive the load sheet.

6. I never see a load sheet like I do for the ATR-72. Is that by design?

7. When I speak "24 hour check...." I see the correct string displayed but never hear the FO.

I've tried every T/S technique that I can find with no luck. I'm at the end of my rope here and am looking for any suggestions.

I appreciate anyone's input at this point. I'm using Windows 7 64bit with a SoundBlaster XF-2 (I think it's the model) It's configured for 2 speakers. The mic is also through the SB and is working fine.

Thanks,

-Matt

Hi Matt,

There's no loadsheet like the old ATR.

Are you using a Headset?

If so, check your headset audio device on the FS2Crew CFG screen, the press HS on the FS2Crew Main Panel.

Does this help at all?

First, turn up the volume.  Twist the SERV/INT volume knob on the Captain's audio control panel and make sure it's unmuted (the INT slider in the VHF display box should be GREEN, not white). 

And double check the bottom of this page:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=pa_panel_overview4

Thanks for the quick response.

I have set the necessary volume controls so I know I'm good for that part of the config.

I do have a headset that's connected to the SB card. Both the mic and output. Non-USB. When I select HS and CFG I get the "HS:No Such Device". Does that error contribute to the sound problems?

-Matt

I do have a headset that's connected to the SB card. Both the mic and output. Non-USB. When I select HS and CFG I get the "HS:No Such Device". Does that error contribute to the sound problems?

Open this file with Notepad:

C:\Users\****YOUR USER NAME****\AppData\Roaming\FS2Crew2010\Versions\MJCD8Q400\SavedData\FS2CrewData.ini

Set USBDevice to 0.

Try again.

After applying that setting the "HS:<SB-2 Speaker>" is now displayed. Which would be correct for my system. On the SB card I only have one connection for speakers and one connection for the mic. I know this same set up works since I remember thinking how the FO voice wasn't as clear as the ATR-72. But that was some time last year when I was using this app.

After setting this property I shut down the PC to rid any ghosts in the machine and powered back up.

The audio test works fine, but still cannot hear the FO, FA or any PA/Departure briefings. I can hear still hear the FO rustling around the cockpit and the request to board as well as getting the load sheet.

I tried re-installing last night but that didn't seem to help.

You're using a headset, right?

What does the Config Page say for Crew accent?  US, EU or UK?

I think your AppData ini file might be messed up.

Send me a support ticket via www.fs2crew.com  and I'll send you my Config file.

Hi Bryan,

I realized that I wasn't getting any config feedback from any other settings except the current state and HS. That seemed to indicate something was truly amiss. So I decided to remove FS2Crew, update the DASH 8 to the latest build and then reinstall.

I'm glad to report that FS2Crew is back to normal. I getting the expected sounds and reports now.

Thanks for your help.

-Matt

Hello All,

i seem to be having the exact same problem. I turn headset off, and I get the departure briefing, if it is on then I don’t get the briefing. FS2Crew is picking up my voice, and correctly recognizing what I say but I get no reply. Now when first loading the aircraft and loading FS2Crew i get a reply from the FO if I call for the checklist. But after pressing the preflight actions button and going through the procedures I no longer get a reply. 

Yeah, I tried reinstalling FS2Crew, and still had the same problem and I have the most up to date version of the Q400.